July 2014 Moms

Outings with little one

My DD is three weeks old. I feel like we've been stuck inside forever. My Husband has been working a lot but finally is taking a day off tomorrow & I want the 3 of us to get out of the house! Any ideas for outings with our still very little one?

Re: Outings with little one

• Today we did the farmers market then lunch at a favorite local spot at 4 weeks. We also did dinner and a boat tour on the San Antonio River Walk with family at 10 days old in the evening, but I was a protective mama bear if anyone got near him so I look super worried in every picture.

Anywhere near ac is good if you're in a hot place. If you're not in a hot place, the world (or at least your city and surrounding areas) is your oyster.
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you live near a beach? DH and I are taking our LO for a walk on the boardwalk tomorrow.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• We've been doing park lunches and coffee in outdoor seating area. The fresh air is good for both of us and it's low key enough I don't feel bad if we have to cut our outing short,
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We took DD out to yard sales this morning.  I'm planning on taking her for walks in the park starting tomorrow.  

That drive-in movie idea is genius!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We went to the bike path, out to eat, the drive in theater, and to the store the first week we were home.
  • We've gone to the store, restaurants, a regular movie, the park so DD could play,the zoo
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kweaver123kweaver123 member
    edited August 2014
    We have done the beach, boardwalk, grocery story, storybook land (an amusement park for kids for our 2 1/2 year old), the park, out to dinner, the mall.

I like the drive in movie idea. might have to do that!
  • We did the zoo. Zoos are kid friendly, stroller accessible, have open air, and our zoo had plenty of benches if you had to feed LO. Plus if a meltdown occurs it doesn't really bother anyone else. I thought about a drive-in movie, but I get nervous about disturbing our little guy's bedtime routine since he has a pretty good one down.
  • We've done the theatre, the library, several restaurants, the mall, grandparents house, a pool party ...basically any where we want to go
    image.
  • Thank you all these are great ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"