December 2013 Moms

What birthday theme should I do?

edited August 2014 in December 2013 Moms
DD didn't get the part in the Christmas tour she auditioned for, so I can go full steam ahead with the 1st birthday plans now! Help me pick a theme.

What birthday theme should I do? 94 votes

Football/Tailgate/UA..the party is the day of the SEC champ game.
52% 49 votes
Breakfast with Santa...with a visit from Santa hopefully.
39% 37 votes
Little Drummer Boy...so cute but maybe more fun when he's older?
8% 8 votes

Re: What birthday theme should I do?

• He's one...he doesn't even know what a birthday is. He certainly doesn't care if it's Christmas themed this year. LOL @mrsashleyk‌ I'm pretty sure there is a bumper sticker somewhere that says that
  • Loading the player...
  • I like the football theme because there is enough Christmas stuff everywhere else.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Btw, so sorry DD didn't get the part. Is she upset?

• I voted for the tailgate theme. I saw your post in another thread and it sounded awesome!
  • I feel like foods/decorations would be so easy with the tailgate theme!

• Btw, so sorry DD didn't get the part. Is she upset?

She is actually fine. She was upset for a second of course, but the casting director gave WONDERFUL feedback on her and the only issue was her dancing...which we knew going in. So we're going to add in more dance training and focus on that. It was nice to hear that the cd loved her {she put it in all caps in the email.} and wants to have her audition for other stuff in the future. So just gotta get more dance...

That is good to hear.

• Yes, @aj75 that was one of my reasons! If we get in the SEC champ game, we thought about having a big blowup screen outside at night and asking people to stay or come back for the actual game.
  • I vote football theme! Like PP said, he won't remember it and it's more for the adults. Plus, all the yummy tailgate food!

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love blowup screens Yez! I wish I had one!

Have y'all ever done cable or live TV outside...not sure how to do it, though I know it's possible.
  • I voted for Santa breakfast but I totally think you could pull off that AND the football party ;)
  • I love the Santa theme, but it's a tough age for Santa around one. I remember my oldest was terrified f Santa around that age, so I wouldn't want to risk having a Santa visit and having all the babies cry...so I guess the football theme because good food and no tears!

• Clowns are waaaaay scarier than Samta!

I'm still terrified of clowns.

Another vote for football!!
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Clowns are way scarier than SaNta too...whoever SaMTa is sounds pretty scary though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"