Toddlers: 24 Months+

Best learning pad?

We are going to be taking a trip soon and I wanted to get something for my DS to play with on the airplane.  Any suggestions on what to get?  I was thinking maybe a leap pad but the games are kind of pricey or maybe a Kindle?  Any thoughts or suggestions? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Best learning pad?

• We have the LeapPad and we like it a lot.  DD enjoys it and I like it because I don't have to help her with it.  

It was a gift from her grandparents and we received most of our games as hand-me-downs, so I never really looked into anything else.  
  • Nicb13 said:
    I just buy 99 cent apps for DS on my Kindle. Works great.
    This.  DH and I both have kindle fires and DD and DS both play games on them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • we have an iPad. DD plays all sorts of games.

we have a lot of free apps with in app purchases (so they aren't really free) which is annoying.

the app store has a kids sections. I go through and read the comments and find apps that I think DD would like. She's obsessed with one called Monkey Preschool Lunchbox- she's learning her letters, colors, numbers, and shapes.
  • I gave him my old iPad so I don't have sticky fingers all over mine. The free app selection is pretty awesome. If I were in the market to actually purchase a tablet, and depending on if you have a use for an (another) iPad around, with the free app component and versatility of having an actual all around tablet for the rest of the house, I'd just buy an iPad2 for $300 and share it with him. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD uses an iPad mini. She loves it and all the games/apps she currently uses were free.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"