January 2014 Moms

Plugged Duct?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Plugged Duct?

• Ya sounds like a clogged duct. I usually try to apply heat, massage and nurse on that side first. Usually takes a few days to go away unless it is due to a stubborn milk blister. Hope it clears up soon!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one the other day that was a bitch to get rid of. At work I just threw in an extra pumping session to try and clear the milk through. Then I nursed from that side first when I got home, and pumped again that night with some heavy massaging. Good luck! It's so painful.

• Are you sure you are getting a full letdown?  If it is a plugged duct hook up to a pump and use wet heat and massage to work it out.  The first month after birth I came in to the ER with an infection.  They though it was because I was getting mastitis (it wasn't) but the lactation consultant helped me out with the clog.  I hooked up to a pump and used hot, wet rags  and massage to work it out.  I pumped for like 45 minutes before I got the few lumps worked out.  I was super sore from the massage afterward but it worked and it didn't clog again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There is a supplement you can take to help with clogged ducts, but I don't remember which one it is? Lecithin? Anyone?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• There is a supplement you can take to help with clogged ducts, but I don't remember which one it is? Lecithin? Anyone?
    Yes...Lecithin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I take lecithin and have been doing so a while. If I completely stop them I get a plug pretty fast. Right now I am at 2 to 4 a day. If I feel one coming on I increase the amt. I can get rid or off it pretty fast now. My lactation said the max dose is 8 day because I was having trouble with the recommended of 4 when I first started them.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"