October 2013 Moms

Hooked Foot - Update

Okay we just got back from the Pediatrician. She did all the hip tests and didn't feel
any dislocation, but based on her gait and the fact that her right leg was a 1/2" shorter than her left. We went ahead with the x-rays. Let's put it this way we didn't go home after the x-ray. They recognized something was abnormal and called the radiologist to expedite reading her x-ray. About 20 minutes later the Ped told me that while they had a perfect x- ray of her legs in the frog position that her straight leg position was abnormal. Apparently the radiologist said while it was a slight abnormality this is obviously effecting her gait. So she technically has hip dyplasia of the right side. However it is slight. So on Monday our Ped is going to start calling around to see if we can get her in to see a traveling Pediatric Orthopedist.
April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
imageimageimage     
imageimage

Re: Hooked Foot - Update

• I'm glad they figured it out! I'm sure it a relief to have your suspicions confirmed. Hopefully the therapy can help :-) good job mama
  • Glad you went in! Hopefully you can get better answers soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad you followed your intuition and got some answers!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• It is a relief to know what we are dealing with. Now I just hope we can get approved by Early Intervention it would not only help if financially but the extra PT would be great!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"