November 2013 Moms
Options

BF and period

I just started my period today, which is a total bummer. I'm a teacher so I haven't had to pump all summer and then our first week back and BAM! Period starts. I'm worried about my supply now.
This week I've been getting some milk but had to dig into my frozen stash a couple times.

Did AF hurt your supply? If so, what were some things you did to help? Any one not have it affect your supply?

Re: BF and period

• Options
    My period came back after going back to work at 3 mos. I've still managed to EBF since then, and only now am I seeing my supply drop - I assume that's just the nature of the game
  • Options
    I haven't gotten my period yet, but I feel like it is coming, which is total BS since I didn't get it last time until I totally weaned with DD1 at 14 mos.

Thanks for the advice on the iron supplements. I forgot I started taking them at 9mos PP last time which also helped with anxious thoughts. I should probably check w my acupuncturist about starting them again.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got my period the day LO turned 6 mos- weird. I EBF and pretty much feed on demand so I don't pump unless I'm going to be away from LO shortly. Pumping sucks!! I can't ever get much and it takes FOREVER.
    I feel anxious at times b/c I don't have a good freezer stash but I figure I've made it to 9 mos so I'm good. I have noticed that my supply is lessening due to LO nursing less during the day. My pedi said this is totally normal as she is eating more solid food and gaining healthy weight.
  • Options
    @Smilz4782‌ STILL??!!?

You're a trooper! I've been so relieved that my LO has stretched her feedings out every 4-5 hrs now. Sometimes I just need a break!
  • Options
    Smilz4782 said:

@Jennsell‌ I'm very jealous.
    I spend a lot of time hating everyone who's kid eats less boob and sleeps more than 90 minutes at a time.

Nope- not my LO! Quick little cat naps are what it's about at our house! It's hard to even get her on a nap schedule b/c she truly is too "busy" to nap! Very active!

• Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"