Food Allergy
Options

What do you think is going on?

Let me preface this by saying I know none of us are doctors, but I'm a little confused and annoyed. Our allergist tested my DS around 1 mo b/c of symptoms he was having that were similar to my DD's FA symptoms. She tested him again right around 15 mo and he had some allergies disappear, but picked up some new ones along the way. Last time we went (about 3 weeks ago) DS was still having nasty diapers and his eczema is beginning to flare. Nothing major, just the chicken skin bumps on his arms and legs. The dr looked at his last skin test results and recommended we take out peas, chicken and black pepper on top of the dairy, apples, bananas, and green beans we are already avoiding. She had us take out the new foods for 10 days and call her back. No change, so she wanted us to go for bloodwork. My DH took DS for the labs. Somehow things got confused at the lab and instead of doing the whole panel that the allergist ordered, they did an old order from the pedi for the top 8 and environmental. We got the labs back and the results showed that DS wasn't allergic to anything!! I called the allergist's nurse and she said that they tend to believe the skin tests more than the blood work. She also wants me to go back and have the full food panel done that the allergist ordered. I normally love our allergist but I feel like she's grasping at straws lately and just guessing and making me come back for unnecessary appts. What would you do it it were your kid? Would you subject them to more blood work, would you believe the blood work results, and do you think I should start looking for a 2nd opinion? DH is PO'd and thinks she's a quack. She was SO good with our DD that I don't want to dismiss her, but I'm beginning to feel a little skeptical.....
imageimage

Re: What do you think is going on?

• Options
    You can always go with your gut and get a 2nd opinion. My DD tests negative to everything in blood work and tests positive on skin for milk and wheat, once we stopped the wheat she stopped breaking out in horrible rashes
  • Options
    Good to know. I was very confused b/c the nurse said the skin test was more accurate, but was asking me to go do more bloodwork. I think I will decline.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"