High-Risk Pregnancy

increasing LDH levels

I have been getting HELLP panels done every 2 weeks for about two months. Have always come back normal. I have a spike in BP but seem to only have it when at the doc. At home my numbers return to normal.i am 38w1d. Although, still in normal range my LDH level has been increasing but nothing else has changed at all. This last time it was at the cut off for "normal". I am being induced Wednesday but was wandering if anyone has ever experienced this?

Re: increasing LDH levels

• I had HELLP syndrome with my first pregnancy and it developed very suddenly and I was induced at 39 weeks. My blood pressure was high but never at 140/90, i believe it was more in the 130/high 80's range. I don't remember them talking much about my LDH during my first pregnancy, they were more concerned with my platelet count and white blood cell count. However, this pregnancy they have been monitoring my LDH levels very closely.

The cutoff for HELLP syndrome is anything greater than 600, if you're close to that level I can see your doctor being concerned as HELLP is very serious. The website preeclampsia.org has a plethora of information and a very large community forum on all things preeclampsia/HELLP. That may be a helpful place for you to browse. Best of luck! 
  • Thanks Yes that's what my number was. But still didn't flag. I have all normal results from all the other test. She was already inducing me before the results came backm
  • Loading the player...
  • Also I was under the impression HELLP syndrome is when hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelets all occurred not just one elevated result?? Also my pressure goes down to completely normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"