December 2012 Moms

Canines

For those that have been through/are going through the canines cutting through; how did your LO's act? LO just really hasn't been himself lately and I'm trying to figure out what it could be. He's sleeping til 10 am, not always sleeping through the night, extra clingly!! and just overall not himself, I'm starting to worry and wonder if a dr's appt is needed. He cries if I try to poke in his mouth so I figure cutting teeth is a good start to eliminating things. At first I thought it was just a phase but this is lasting longer than any clingy phase he's gone through.

Re: Canines

• When my LO got her first canine, she was a disaster. She was super clingy, not sleeping well, not eating well, etc. I broke down and finally went and got her an amber necklace because I couldn't take anymore and had to try something beyond the usual remedies. It was another two months or so before the other three teeth came in, but the experience was like night and day. You would never even know she was getting one tooth, let alone three at once. I am not trying to sell you on the necklace, but before we got it, our experience was similar to yours I think. Those suckers take forever to come in too. It has been well over a month and the last one is still isn't all the way in.
  • We don't have any canines through yet, but some red gums in that area... I've heard they can take forever to come in too, so I offer teethers when needed (and so does daycare).  I'll second the amber necklace - we've had one on DD since she was 5 or 6 months old!
  • Loading the player...
  • Well he seems a bit better, I was finally able to look in his mouth and he has some swollen gums.. canines here we come!

I was going to get the amber necklace when he was younger and then just never did. I figured teething would get better as he got older, ha FTM mistake. I'll have to look into again.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Same with my LO he usually poops once or twice a day and now it's around 4 times. One canine has cut through another has red and swollen gums so there coming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"