January 2013 Moms
Options

Parents Vent

Sorry ladies, I need to vent and don't know where else to go!

So for my new job I have to travel occasionally, which isn't a huge deal except that my H works some long hours and our daycare is only open until 6. Some days, depending on what's going on, he just can't make it there by 6. We have no friends or family in our area and haven't found a sitter, so we don't have a lot of options. We end up asking my parents to watch DS, so far it's only EVER been twice overnight. We asked them to watch him Sun-Tues of this coming week but they said they couldn't. I asked my SIL if they could, and she said yes - so problem solved, right? No. My dad said instead of that, he will get DS from them on Monday and drive the 2 hours to my house and wait for DH to get home (he has an event until 7 or 8) and then drive back home. First - how in the world is that easier than them just keeping him the night? Second - I've never had anyone alone in my home before, and really it adds stress and makes me feel like I need to clean my whole house now before I leave. And third - I fully expected that H will probably grab a few drinks with his boss and colleagues after, so this would obviously just put him on a timeline. My parents have also backed out of watching DS overnight very last minute 2x, so this makes me nervous.

My SIL called me last night and said my dad was making a somewhat big deal of this and really wanted to do this - almost trying to talk her out of watching him the 2nd night. I have no idea why he's so insistent, but it's frustrating to have to try to change schedules around when we had a plan in place. My SIL said not to worry, they'd watch him if needed, but now the whole situation just feels stressful. I really wish I could just take him with me and that would be the end of they story.

Am I being crazy or is this ridiculous? They are supposed to watch him in October for a few days and now I'm feeling really unsure about that, too. I'm racking my brain trying to think of a different solution for both this weekend and the future. Even if I hired a sitter I don't think I would be comfortable with them staying with him overnight. Ahh, so frustrating!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Parents Vent

• Options
    I hate when things go off routine, so I completely feel your frustration. I wonder why your Dad is so insistent? I think I'd just tell him you already have it all worked out with SIL and thank you for trying to help but we are just going to go this route. With that said, will that make him upset and he won't watch Taylor in October?!? 

I don't know what I'd do if our families were not right here, we rely on them so much for the days our d/c is off or simply a few hours here and there when H and I want some quiet time.

I hope you get it all sorted out!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options

@jobiann that's my fear, we will somehow end up losing our sitter for October. It's just frustrating because I'm not sure why he cares so much. I did exactly what you said - just worked it out with my SIL and told him that it's done. If he wants to hold a grudge then so be it, I suppose, and we will just work harder to find a back-up nanny for this type of stuff.

Also, I guess H going out for drinks might sound silly, but it's really more for networking and getting face time with his bosses. He's at a company where people knowing who you are and the work you've done is super important.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Plus that sounds like more confusion for your DS. Instead of his aunt picking him up and dropping him off at DC for two days and hanging out with her, he's got his aunt dropping him off, grandpa picking him up, hanging out at his house with grandpa and going off schedule, dad puts him to bed but mom is still not there...sounds like a tantrum waiting to happen.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Options
    @constancegoodspeed Exactly! Keeping a routine helps him a lot, and though he will be thrown off it won't be nearly as bad. I talked to my SIL and also my dad and it seems like everyone is calming down since I just put my foot down. Still did not need the added frustration!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"