July 2012 Moms

The clinginess. When will it end??

So, obviously @nesenotes was spot on with her comment a few weeks ago regarding K's clinginess and suggesting I POAS. And the clinginess is KILLING me! K has always been a bit of a momma's boy, but my goodness he goes into panic mode these days if I'm not within 5 feet of him! Heaven forbid I have to put him down for 2 secs to change a load of laundry or flip a pancake or something. Its absolutely ridiculous. Daycare drop off's are a mess again after a solid month of tear-free ones and MH is all sad a mopey because K screams bloody murder when I try to pass him off to him. Ugh.

So @nesenotes and any others who had pregnancy related clinginess from their LO, when did it end?? Please tell me Emery is not still clingy after 24 weeks. I don't know how much longer I can handle this.

Re: The clinginess. When will it end??

• roo1582 said:
    Sorry to break it to you, but Kayleigh is still clingy at 25 weeks.  It has gotten slightly better in that she will go to DH easier now when I pass her off, since I really can't carry her much anymore.  But if I'm the only one around, she's all over me.  I'm trying to do more "I won't carry you, but I will hold your hand", etc type things, and sometimes that works.  I've also just been sometimes walking away from her when she won't give up, though I feel horrible doing it. 

Ugh. Great.

We had to walk out of the trampoline park the other day (which he usually loves!) because he wouldn't let me put him down and was crying and clinging to me the entire time. Of course, that led to the most epic public tantrum of all time and me crying silently in my car as we pulled out of the parking lot. After a few mins of the epic meltdown, I pulled over and told him I was going to wait there until he calmed down, which he did, and then I said we could go back but if he cried or asked me to pick him up we would leave. And it actually worked!! I was flabbergasted.

But for the most part he has to be in my arms 24/7  

• She's maybe a smidge better now, but overall still clingy as hell. Like has to be on top of me at all times. And she's heavy and I tell her don't jump on my belly/the baby and it doesn't click. Sorry :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Laurski81 said:

So far Henry isn't acting any differently with me.  Maybe he will once I start to show...

When I dropped him off at my Mom's this morning, I told him goodbye and said "I love you!" and he looked at me, stuck his hand out, and said "Go Away!" in his demon voice ::sigh::

Buahahaha he's so mean I love it. Ugh home and emery would be quite the evil pair. She tells me to go away all the time too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"