Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

The Big Reveal

How did you tell everyone you were having a (or another) baby??  With the three we have now, my wife and I are concerned our families won't be as supportive as we'd like (and may need).  We have fun ideas for the family reveal, but I'll share them later.  As for the reveal to our daughters....

We got the oldest a T-Shirt that said "I'm a big sister, what's your super power?"

The middle's shirt said "Keep Calm - I'm a big sister"

And the youngest said "This girl is being promoted to Big Sister"

It was precious watching the girls figure it out.  The oldest lost it, the middle was speechless and the youngest kept hugging her shirt on the edge of crying.

How did you tell your immediate and extended families??

Re: The Big Reveal

• Options

First of all, congrats.

Second of all, your concerns are valid. When I first thought about it I figured you wouldn't need much help because all 3 of your girls are at an age that they could probably help. Then I realized they are all probably involved in activities and you probably have a crazy schedule without your new addition. Hopefully one of your families will have the same realization that you may need help, but in a different way than others that are expecting a new baby.

I would take it one step at a time. Do your fun reveal and get a sense of how everyone takes it in. You may be surprised and have nothing to worry about. If you get a sense that no one plans on helping then plan accordingly. If you feel like you'll really need some help then you'll have something to think about. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst is the best advice I can give you. Good luck.

• Options
    That's great advice.  We'll be prepared either way.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options

Following up on this post....

We told our families in different ways, but all through hallmark with a picture of the ultrasound.  All but one's reaction was stellar and everyone is excited.  The one's reaction was started with a question to my thirteen year old "its not yours is it?"  To say we were speechless was a mild understatement. 

We're almost at the FB stage.  My wife says I'm an attention whore....shrug.  If the shoe fits I suppose.  I commandeered our entire Dragon Boat team at a bar and stood on a stool and announced it to them all...so maybe she's right. 

Overall its been great and people are supportive, which is awesome for us and especially for my wife. She basically had her two girls with no support.  I'm so very glad this experience is different and better for her!! 

• Options

That had to be awkward for your 13-year old. How'd she handle that or did you guys bail her out from having to answer? Glad everyone is being supportive.

• Options
    It was awkward and yes, we quickly side-swiped the conversation.  Interestingly, when asked later, she said she didn't hear him say that.  I wonder is it revisionist history on her part?  Or just that her 13 year old ears are blocking out adults...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"