September 2013 Moms

Anywhere Chair Problems...

bossmom11bossmom11 member
edited August 2014 in September 2013 Moms
I received mine for LO today and I hate it. They redesigned the chairs and the foam pieces don't have covers and don't stay in place with the tiny velcro strips in the slipcover. The monogram is half the size it showed online, I am on the phone/on hold with customer service now and they are treating me like I am a crazy person. Apparently you can't return monogrammed items so I have to get special permission even though it is their design problem. I even watched the Pottery barn video of how to assemble and mine looks like a mess. Anyone else have similar issues?  

image

Lily Michaella       ~BFP 12-31-13      ~EDD 9-7-13       ~Lily was born 9-7-13 
Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anywhere Chair Problems...

• jnetx said:
    I would be upset too. Have you sent the pictures to PB? I think the slip cover might look a little better if you ironed it (if you can) or once you let some of the wrinkles fall out on their own, but it doesn't look like that will fix all of the problems. And the monogram is definitely smaller than in the ad.
    I had literally just pulled it out of the box so that explains the wrinkles :) It was too big in some places, too tight in others mostly because the foam wouldn't stay in place. After being on the phone for 45 minutes they allowed me to return it. I am kind of hesitant about purchasing another now that I know the design of the slip covers have been changed. There used to be large Velcro sleeves to keep the foam positioned which are in all the tutorials of how to assemble them. The foam used to have cotton covers on them too. 

Just thought I would give people a heads up since I know a lot of them where planning on buying them for first birthday gifts. Something to look into I guess.
    Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad they took it back, as they should! That monogram is way to small and the slipcover fit is way off. Now I'm worried because I just ordered my anywhere chair yesterday! And it's being shipped to Bermuda so it's not like I can return it if it looks like crap :( .
  • I would have been unhappy with that too. The monogram is definitely messed up. I'm glad they took it back.
  • Glad they took it back, as they should! That monogram is way to small and the slipcover fit is way off. Now I'm worried because I just ordered my anywhere chair yesterday! And it's being shipped to Bermuda so it's not like I can return it if it looks like crap :( .
    Did you buy a "my first" anywhere chair or the regular anywhere chair? When you get it I would love to know how yours works out. Maybe mine was a dud? I really want LO to have one but I am paranoid now.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • redfallon said:
    I am so sorry that the chair turned out that way. PB should be ashamed. It looks like one of those Pinterest fail before and afters.
    It seems as though they made a design change to up their profit margin which for PB surprises me. All I hear is about how amazing their stuff is. It does look like a Pinterest screw up lol.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Did you buy a "my first" anywhere chair or the regular anywhere chair? When you get it I would love to know how yours works out. Maybe mine was a dud? I really want LO to have one but I am paranoid now.
    I know I don't post on here anymore (had an Oct baby, but I still lurk), and I ordered the My First Anywhere Chair and it will be here today.  I got LO's full name spelled out, instead of the monogram.  I'll come back and post about how hers turned out.  I'm really worried now.  

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not quite sure which one we got because it was a gift.  But it arrived in the mail fully assembled and looked great, this was back in september.  We do get a lot of use out of it, 
  • @Tally879 I wonder how you got yours fully assembled! That would have been awesome.

Even looking the way it did LO was trying to play with it so I know she would like one. 

@stephl3055 Please do! Don't be worried because PBK said they never get any complaints and maybe you got a slipcover with the old design velcro sleeves.  Can't wait to see what yours looks like!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't know, we didn't order it, maybe it was the smaller version of the chair.  
  • We have the my first anywhere chair, had to put it together ourself. Came with his name spelled out like we'd like. My only complaint is we did the light blue, and the name is in blue but I thought it would be brighter color but it's the same as the chair. I would have picked a different color so his name popped more but this was the default choice so I figured it was the best choice.
    It was very wrinkly but the wrinkles fell out in a couple of weeks. We should probably have steamed it but were excited when it arrived and wanted to put it together.
    No complaints on it really- the structure has held up well and he loves to sit in it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So same thing happened to us but turns out it was an error. We got it as a gift and they said it was a neutral color. So when a bright red one arrived i was like oh ok but didn't know any better. The Z on it was also wrong. And the cover fit like the pictures u posted. Well turns out they sent the cover for the chair that's one size up but the pillows for the correct chair. So they messed up the cover size, the cover color and the monogram font. It may have been what happened to you. They corrected it and sent us the right one. 
  • @soccermom11‌ I'm not sure if it's the 'my first' or just a reg chair. I ordered yellow with no personalization. It probably won't arrive till late sept as it's back ordered until Aug 18th and then it has to ship. Here's the chair I ordered

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/yellow-white-piping-anywhere-chair/?pkey=e|Anywhere+chair|158|best|0|viewall|24||73&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules
  • @soccermom11‌ I'm not sure if it's the 'my first' or just a reg chair. I ordered yellow with no personalization. It probably won't arrive till late sept as it's back ordered until Aug 18th and then it has to ship. Here's the chair I ordered

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/yellow-white-piping-anywhere-chair/?pkey=e|Anywhere+chair|158|best|0|viewall|24||73&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules
    Oh that's a really nice yellow color! I hope all goes well when you get it!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • So same thing happened to us but turns out it was an error. We got it as a gift and they said it was a neutral color. So when a bright red one arrived i was like oh ok but didn't know any better. The Z on it was also wrong. And the cover fit like the pictures u posted. Well turns out they sent the cover for the chair that's one size up but the pillows for the correct chair. So they messed up the cover size, the cover color and the monogram font. It may have been what happened to you. They corrected it and sent us the right one. 
    When I went over all the order/item numbers they assured me that the right items had been sent. @blond1230 & @AlejandraN2Does your slip cover have the long fabric sleeves with Velcro or the straps with Velcro?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • It has the straps with Velcro. 
  • blond1230blond1230 member
    edited August 2014
    Straps with Velcro for me too

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ours arrived last night.  I'm actually quite pleased.  We got her full name spelled out, so we didn't have any issues with the lettering being small.  I think we still need to tweak the foam a little bit to get it perfect, but it looks decent right now.  I didn't bother trying to get the wrinkles out either.  It also had the velcro straps.

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
  • Ours arrived last night.  I'm actually quite pleased.  We got her full name spelled out, so we didn't have any issues with the lettering being small.  I think we still need to tweak the foam a little bit to get it perfect, but it looks decent right now.  I didn't bother trying to get the wrinkles out either.  It also had the velcro straps.

Yours looks great! I must have just gotten a dud. 

Thanks for all the help everyone!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • bermybabe68bermybabe68 member
    edited August 2014
    @soccermom11‌ I got my anywhere chair yesterday and it looks good. Just need to iron it and adjust the pillows a little. I wonder if maybe they sent you the wrong sized chair for the slip cover? Did they try sending you another chair and cover or did you just return the whole thing for a refund? image
  • D got this one for her christening 2 weeks ago from my ILs. The original wrinkles fell out over the last few days. image

Yours was definitely a screw up of sorts @soccermom11‌

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I am so glad to see everyone else had a great anywhere chair experience! I have not reordered. I almost wonder if they sent me the wrong foam looking at all of yours but who knows, they said it was right. I am going to see what everyone gets her for her birthday and maybe make an Anywhere chair a Christmas present. That's the nice thing for September babies, if you found something you like for their birthday you can always wait until Christmas!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"