Secondary IF

***Making A Home Monday***

Sorry, I've been a little slack.

So, Do you do a family vacation?

We just got back from one.

Sorry if this is a repeat. I'm sick and the meds are making me foggy.

Also, if you have a question idea, please let me know :-)
Carly
(Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

Re: ***Making A Home Monday***

• We do a couple of family trips. My parents are divorced so we do a MASSIVE beach trip with my mom and step-dad and all 7 kids 6 spouses and 10 grand kids (for the record I don't feel this qualifies as a vacation) We go to the Highland Games in NC with my Dad.  We try to take a little long weekend vacay with just the three of us. Usually just to the mountains.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • We take an annual December trip to Fort Myers, Florida to visit my dad.  I am really looking forward to it this year - flights are booked.  Other than that my job is not very flexible with vacation time. 
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

• Loading the player...
  • Define "family vacation" …  If you mean by extended family with adult siblings and parents, then not really.  We have in the past, but it's not that relaxing for us.  DH's mom usually spends a week at this resort in San Diego every summer and all of his siblings try to come down for a day or two during that time.  This year, it was late in the summer and DH was already back to work, so I took DS down just for the day.  I only have one sister and she is a little more dependent on my parents, so she will take her kids on trips with my parents, but again, DH and I don't really make it a point to go.  They spend a few days in our local mountains this summer, so we went up for a day.  

But if you mean family vacay as in just me and my husband and child… then yes.  We love doing weekend getaways throughout the year.  When it was just me and DH, we probably did about 4-5 a year!  But now that we have DH, we haven't done as many.  But we still do day trips all the time.  
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Last year we went to Turks and Caicos. This year we stayed home, but we are going to NYC in December. DS loves the Elf movie and I think he'd like to see the big tree and the toys r us with the ferris wheel. DH and DS also took a 3 day trip to an amusement park with my in-laws 2 weeks ago. Just small trips this year.
  • My entire family and extended go on vacation to the beach each year. It is the only vacation we take during the year :(

We tried to go to FL earlier this year but DS ended up with HFM and an ear infection which made the trip horrible
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DX: Severe MFI 9/1/11
    Because of Undescended testicle at birth
    IVF #1 October BFN; 5 snowbabies
    FET: November/December 2011
    ET: 12/7/11; Beta 1: 12/16/11: 66 Beta 2: 12/19/11: 212! 1st ultrasound 1/3/12! Graduated 1/10/12: heartbeat 160
    SAIF Always Welcome
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"