August 2014 Moms
Options

Thursday - Labor, Symptoms, TMI, Bitchfest

39+ 6 days here.

Well the contractions I was having last night got as close to every 8 mins. Kept me up till about 3 am and then proceeded to fuck me over and go away :(

I'm pretty grumpy this morning. Still cramping, nauseated and just overall exhausted and uncomfortable.

I have an OB appt at 1 pm. I think she is going to sweep my membranes today.
First BFP: 12/16/13
EDD: 08/23/14
Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

Re: Thursday - Labor, Symptoms, TMI, Bitchfest

• Options
    At my OB appt yesterday I was 3cm and she stripped my membranes.  She also said it may jump start labor that night and she would be surprised if she saw me at my appointment next week.  Of course that got my hopes up, but I'm back at work today.  Stripping my membranes was super uncomfortable, so I was hoping it would do something.  
    As soon as I got to work today I got some very strong pressure and a lot of pain, I almost cried trying to walk to the bathroom.  I think it was caused by baby moving around in there and hitting things, not a contraction, but I have no idea.  I was having some pressure and slight pain while getting ready for work, but nothing consistent or anything.  I'm really ready for all this pain to amount to something already.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am crampy and crabby. 39 weeks 1 day today. My son came 5 days early and I don't see that happening tomorrow. Besides that I feel fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy due date to me! Seems pretty inconsequential since nothing is happening. I have an NST appt today (which I have been having since 34 weeks), but besides that they'll just tell me my weight (boo). I've had a lot of pressure and random contractions, but nothing regular.
    BFP 12.13.13. Baby Girl EDD 8.21.14.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am crampy and crabby. 39 weeks 1 day today. My son came 5 days early and I don't see that happening tomorrow. Besides that I feel fine.
    I feel your pain.  DS was born 5 days early too and had my hopes up this one would be at least the same.  EDD is tomorrow and still no LO - just very uncomforatble :(
    imageimage
  • Options

Today is my due date. I got irrationally pissed that TB said Today is Baby's Birthday!! Nope, baby is not here. Where is my notice that I am over due. I want to know how big baby is today.

I had an appointment today and an NST. Baby is great but my cervix is mega closed. Not even open enough to sweep membranes. womp womp womp.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    shaylagirlshaylagirl member
    edited August 2014
    39+4 today.  Had my appt. yesterday with a different doc (mine's on vacation). 
    On week 37; 1cm.
    On week 38: 1cm.
    On week 39: 1.5cm.

Still carrying high; and went from 20% effaced in week 38 to 50% effaced in week 39, but still thick. 

This is actually good with me as I my doc and I have discussed having an induction scheduled for next Friday, which alleviates much of my stress.

What set me off at my appointment yesterday (warning bitchy rant ahoy!!!):
    My regular OB is on vacation with his wife, another OB at the same clinic.  Apparently this put a LOT of stress on the doctors at the clinic, causing my 4:40 appointment to turn in to a 5:30 appointment.  That NEVER happens.  My appointments always start on time.  So I was frustrated when I went back, but never take it out on the staff; I understand things happen.

However, when I saw my doc last week, we discussed scheduling my induction, and he said that they couldn't do it until 14 days prior, so it would have to be done by the doctor who saw me next.  He said he'd drop a note in my charts, and to remind the doctor to check his notes.

So, I mention it to the doctor I saw yesterday, who was a nice enough lady, but she kinda wigged out on me; "I've seen 50 patients today, and Dr. *Doctor's Name* has left notes for me to schedule ALL of these inductions, and it HAS to be a physician who schedules them, and I just don't have the time."

I kinda blinked and said "Well, would it be better if I call tomorrow to see if it can be scheduled?  What should I do?"

"Well, I'll TRY and get it done."

Suffice to say, I left with ZERO confidence it was going to get done.  I'm going to go ahead and do a follow-up call today to see if it was done, because I know my regular doctor, when he's back on Monday, will be spending most of the day at the hospital doing CS (he mentioned that at my last appointment), so I don't think I'll be able to speak with him then.

I'm just annoyed and frustrated with it all, because I just need to know it's going to get done.  ARGH!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• Options

I've been MIA for the past couple weeks - but Im jumping in...

38+6 for me as well. Crap ton of contractions that never get any stronger and dont change my cervix. Been sitting at 1 cm and 75% effaced for two weeks with a "very anterior cervix and baby's head is *right* there". Im tired, I just want to fast forward a week....

Also - i am completely with all the ladies who are tired of being looked at like a 3 headed sea monster *every* morning when I walk into the office. So tired.

Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    39+5 here. Nothing much has changed in the way I feel. Doc appointment today. We will see.

I have a feeling stressful things going on in other areas of my life are affecting my body's want to go into labor. I really wish it just would because I could then ignore the other stuff and have a complete excuse to do so.
  • Options
    38+4 over here, scheduled to induce next Thursday the 28th because my place of employment has so graciously decided to switch insurance companies as of the 1st, when DS is due the 31st. Jag offs.

I would love to say I've had lots of contractions and all that good stuff but no such luck. I walked the dogs this am, but damn this Texas heat if it doesn't make me blow up like a balloon every time I set foot outside. Everytime I talk to a family member on the phone, their immediate response is "IS THIS A BABY CALL?!" Sorry guys, I wish!
  • Options
    @Leskay; I always try to be nice since I never know WHICH of these doctors is going to end up with their hands up my lady bits, so I don't want them being rough on me....so I just bite my tongue instead of getting pissed.  Because, bottling up my emotions is just how I roll, yo.  :|

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• Options

Today is my due date. I got irrationally pissed that TB said Today is Baby's Birthday!! Nope, baby is not here. Where is my notice that I am over due. I want to know how big baby is today.

I had an appointment today and an NST. Baby is great but my cervix is mega closed. Not even open enough to sweep membranes. womp womp womp.

This was me yesterday. I am feeling rage and anger which I was not expecting. I have no idea why feeling this way... It is so irrational. I better get over this or my poor baby is going to have a terrible first impression.

Our babies don't want to come out because they think we are angry with them for staying on the inside so long.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Just got back from the doctors. Cervix is closed, 50% effaced and -2. Don't know if that is good or what. I'm over this, but tomorrow is my last day of work and I decided to hire a cleaning service to come and do a thorough cleaning of my house next week instead of me trying to do it all. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

39+4 today.  Had my appt. yesterday with a different doc (mine's on vacation). 
    On week 37; 1cm.
    On week 38: 1cm.
    On week 39: 1.5cm.

Still carrying high; and went from 20% effaced in week 38 to 50% effaced in week 39, but still thick. 

This is actually good with me as I my doc and I have discussed having an induction scheduled for next Friday, which alleviates much of my stress.

What set me off at my appointment yesterday (warning bitchy rant ahoy!!!):
    My regular OB is on vacation with his wife, another OB at the same clinic.  Apparently this put a LOT of stress on the doctors at the clinic, causing my 4:40 appointment to turn in to a 5:30 appointment.  That NEVER happens.  My appointments always start on time.  So I was frustrated when I went back, but never take it out on the staff; I understand things happen.

However, when I saw my doc last week, we discussed scheduling my induction, and he said that they couldn't do it until 14 days prior, so it would have to be done by the doctor who saw me next.  He said he'd drop a note in my charts, and to remind the doctor to check his notes.

So, I mention it to the doctor I saw yesterday, who was a nice enough lady, but she kinda wigged out on me; "I've seen 50 patients today, and Dr. *Doctor's Name* has left notes for me to schedule ALL of these inductions, and it HAS to be a physician who schedules them, and I just don't have the time."

I kinda blinked and said "Well, would it be better if I call tomorrow to see if it can be scheduled?  What should I do?"

"Well, I'll TRY and get it done."

Suffice to say, I left with ZERO confidence it was going to get done.  I'm going to go ahead and do a follow-up call today to see if it was done, because I know my regular doctor, when he's back on Monday, will be spending most of the day at the hospital doing CS (he mentioned that at my last appointment), so I don't think I'll be able to speak with him then.

I'm just annoyed and
    frustrated with it all, because I just need to know it's going to get done.  ARGH!!!!

I would have freaked out on her.
  • Options
    Due date is tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pass it. I just have a feeling baby is gonna stay in til next week. However I do have a BPP tomorrow and they are gonna sweep my membranes too.

I'm so tired of everytime I call ANYONE... They say " are u in labor?" Stop asking me! I want to come through the phone and punch you!
    TTC#1 11.1.2010 |  BFP 1.4.2011 | Benton Henry born 9.13.2011

TTC #2 11.1.2013 | BFP 12.17.13 | Due Date 8.22.14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just got back from my OB. Since last week, I've gone from 1,5 cm to 2 cm dilated, 50 to 80% effaced and -2 station. So there's a slight progress even though it means jack nothing.

Now I'm all crampy, she swept my membranes and just ouchhhh.
  • Options
    I'm still feeling like crap with lots of cramping, back pain, etc. I had my 39 week appointment today, and she said my cervix is starting to open on the outside end, but I am not effaced and the inside end is closed. It is anterior and soft though. Most annoying was that she said all my cramping is an irritable uterus, and is not real contractions. Ugh.
    In our group, four women are due within two weeks of me. One with my same due date had her baby yesterday, one was induced at 41 weeks this morning, and one is being induced tonight (a day before her due date). It sucks to watch everyone go ahead of you when you're feeling rough.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I have an appt today and I think I want to ask to have my membranes swept. How dilated do you have to be? Last several appts I have stayed at 1cm
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone heard an update from @zoegirlTX‌ ???
    TTC#1 11.1.2010 |  BFP 1.4.2011 | Benton Henry born 9.13.2011

TTC #2 11.1.2013 | BFP 12.17.13 | Due Date 8.22.14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Could have SWORN I was in early labor last night and would be welcoming baby today or tomorrow.  Now nothing except being extra uncomfortable and tired (since I didn't sleep well tonight).  Working from home today in the hopes something was going to happen, but now not looking like it :(
    Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Anyone heard an update from @zoegirlTX‌ ???
    I actually had started to post to see if she had a LB who might know anything...but then got side-traced by work.

@zoegirlTX, hope you're having your LO or are already done!!!

• Options
    Fingers crossed for @zoegirlTX!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'll play today ... 38+4 today. Lost mucous plug last Friday morning. Was very crampy/achy all day. Was sure things were headed in the right direction. Guess not. I have had cramps, BH, and low back pain on and off since then with no progression of anything. Had my first internal check today 1cm, 50% effaced and "baby is engaged" .. I know this means nothing really but I guess it makes me feel a bit better knowing there is a LITTLE progress. Hoping that the storms that are rolling through tonight will help progress things. If not going for reflexology tomorrow starting acupuncture next week. Want to get this show on the road! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Just thought I'd share a useful tip:

I have crazy itching across my belly, mostly in my stretch marks, and now it's starting to break into a rash that looks like the beginning of PUPP. I've been using lotion/shea butter to keep it moisturized, but that stopped working. I switched to coconut oil (recommended by someone on this site) and it works like a charm. I feel so much better! If anyone else has this, coconut oil is the answer.
  • Options

I have an appt today and I think I want to ask to have my membranes swept. How dilated do you have to be? Last several appts I have stayed at 1cm

I think 1 cm is good enough!
  • Options
    Wooooo! Just lost the mucous plug! C'mooooonnnnn baby!
    Hubby is asking if he can pick up an extra shift for Monday. Ummmm don't think so hon.
  • Options
    hmctagg01 said:

I feel so dumb.  I can't tell if I'm having contractions or if she is moving like crazy.  Either way it hurts and I think The Hulk is inside of me.

I feel the same way! Something hurts and I have no idea why. I'm just dealing with it until they become timeable.
  • Options
    still contracting, getting more painful, but wondering if this is really it
    Married to the love of my life, full time wife and Mommy

• Options

still contracting, getting more painful, but wondering if this is really it

Try to get some sleep, if you can, even if you wake for the contractions. You never know how long things may take and you'll need your energy! Good luck! :)
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Options
    BlckRoses said:

hmctagg01 said:

I feel so dumb.  I can't tell if I'm having contractions or if she is moving like crazy.  Either way it hurts and I think The Hulk is inside of me.

I feel the same way! Something hurts and I have no idea why. I'm just dealing with it until they become timeable.
    I had a few days of this, but then it died down. Still not sure what was going on.
  • Options
    they pooped out, I slept through the night waking up with contractions here and there.  This morning I had my bloody show, unless it's bright red blood from yesterday's membrane stripping?  And diarrhea. No regular contractions right now.  I can't believe they just tapered off last night after 6 hours of being regular. 
    Married to the love of my life, full time wife and Mommy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"