January 2014 Moms

Pregnancy care package

I need ideas! My good friend just found out she is pregnant, but she is states away. I'd like to send a care package, but am coming up short on ideas.

What do tiu think would be fun/useful to send in a pregnancy care package?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

Re: Pregnancy care package

• She just found out and is only 5 weeks or so. You're right, I should probably wait to send it. Just starting to gather ideas.

• Those preggo pop candies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I second the belly band! Or maybe a body pillow, just go to target.com or something and have one shipped to her house.

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Belly band, body pillow- two of my faves. Gift card to a maternity clothes store, facial, maternity massage later on, pedicure, Cocoa butter lotion for that soon to be growing belly...
  • chocolate, some good lotion for the foot massages that her hubs will give her
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Good ideas! Thanks!

• When my cousin first got pregnant, I sent her some preggo candies to help with the nausea since that is often during the 1st trimester. 

I think everyone has great ideas for gifts for later on! Some of my favorite gifts were belly butter, a relaxing aromatherapy candle, What to Expect
    When Expecting, gift card for a massage (often not recommended for the 1st trimester), an adorable maternity dress, a Baby's First Christmas hat and The Belly Book to record my pregnancy (if she likes to journal).  I was pregnant the last 2 Christmases (1 loss and then my DD) so I received lots of pregnancy related gifts! 
  • A friend gave me a book called "The Girlfriends' Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood". It's about the realities (good, bad and ugly) of a new baby and how to cope with it. It's very anti-"mommy wars" - super supportive no matter what parenting decisions you make or parenting style you have. Lots of funny parts, too.

My sister sent me a care package. She included a bar of fancy chocolate, a Starbucks gift card, bath salts, a pair of pretty lacy (but super comfy, soft and stretchy) underwear to replace my horrible pregnancy undies. She also included an all natural nipple butter and bum cream from "Earth Mama Angel Baby", I LOVE those products and now include them in all pregnancy/baby gifts.

Other ideas - spa or maternity clothes store gift card. I like the idea of a belly band - my mom bought me one and I loved it but I probably wouldn't have bought it for myself. Maybe a season of a favourite TV show for when she has sleepless nights in third trimester or is up for MOTN nursing sessions?
  • When I was on bed rest, a friend sent me Gap Maternity pajamas. They are the best pajamas I've ever owned. I might be wearing them right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ended up going with ginger candy, pregnancy tea, chocolate, and a book I had. I plan on sending things like nipple cream and other new baby stuff later.

Thanks for the ideas! I know I said I'd wait, but....whoops!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"