3rd Trimester
Options

Cesarean at 38 weeks or wait for natural labor...

Hello, I am currently nearly 37 weeks pregnant with a baby who has been measuring small since around week 25. There are no other issues with the baby or myself so far. I feel the usual pregnancy aches and pains but nothing severe, overall a healthy pregnancy. 
My doctor now says that if my labor doesnt start by around 38 weeks, she would like to deliver me via Cesarean, as the baby is measuring small and keeping her inside is not going to do any benefits and increase the risk of still birth. She also suggests steroids to help the baby's lung develop.

I got a second opinion and Dr number 2 says he is ok to keep her in as far as 40 weeks and would like me to go into labor naturally as possible.

I am now confused as to which Dr to go with. My gut tells me to keep her in as long as possible and go natural.(natural uninduced labor and vaginal delivery) 

However, I now have a fear of losing hte baby (Dr 1 says the risk will increase if I keep her inside after 38 weeks, accroding to "Statistics") 

Any similar experiences or ideas? I am desperate to hear from other mothers and mothers to be..!

I am 35 with second pregnancy. 1st pregnancy was a healthy big baby at 39 weeks, Cesarean.

Thank you in advance! 

Re: Cesarean at 38 weeks or wait for natural labor...

• Options
    I think it depends on how far behind she is measuring. I think it also depends on if you know when you got pregnant and if your edd was on par with that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For everyone's reference, here is the OP's previous post with this question, and all the information she was given.

so why is she asking again??  Gah.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"