November 2013 Moms
Options

Scary incident!

Guise, I almost had a heart attack today in the grocery store. I was grocery shopping and Neva was sitting in the cart. I was feeding her puffs and yogurt melts, and she started choking on one. She started wheezing and turning red. It was kind of a blur, but I got her out quickly and flipped her over and did the heimlich maneuver on her for infants. I don't even know how I remembered what to do because I was so panicked, but I'm SO glad I took a CPR class when I was pregnant. She was fine after I did it and wanted another puff lol. So, my point. PLEASE go do a CPR class if you haven't already. You never know when you'll need it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Scary incident!

• Options
    Holy crap that is scary!! Glad she's ok!

• Options
    I have the Red Cross CPR info printed out and taped to the inside of my cupboard along with Motrin and Tylenol dosage information. My mom did that for babysitters and I continued the tradition ETA: I am an ass. Glad you and the babe are ok.
    Lol thanks. You're not an ass. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sing2phins I like that pic :D

• Options
    OMG that is terrifying. So glad N is ok! Good work mama!
  • Options
    How scary! So glad she's okay.
  • Options
    Glad you acted quickly. Scary indeed!
  • Options
    Wow! So glad she's ok. I was trained in May but I worry that I will forget at the most important moment. Nice work mama!
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Options
    JoeLies said:
    First Doug, now Neva.  It's a good thing these N13 babies have such great Mamas who stay cool under pressure.  Seriously, awesome job and I'm so glad she's fine.

And your latest siggy pic is so freaking cute, BTW.
    Precisely. Did you feel like crying afterward? Cause I did. 

And thank you =] 

• Options
    Quick thinking Mama!! So glad she is ok!!!

• Options
    So glad she's ok! I'm so proud of you for remembering the baby heimlich ! I hope we can all be so a capable if the need arises! Hugs!
  • Options
    Great job mommy!
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this. I don't know why I haven't taken the classes. I'm going to get on it!
  • Options
    So happy she's okay!
  • Options

Dang that's some scary shit! I've just stick my finger in her throat to get the puffs out. Probably will need to take some classes as she gets older though. And don't you live how after, they're ask on give me another puff as you hyperventilate?

Yup! It didn't phase her at all. Meanwhile I couldn't stop shaking. Sheesh.

• Options
    Scary, glad you were able to act so quickly!
  • Options

So scary!  Glad you knew what to do! 

And I agree, everyone should take CPR training! 

I had CPR training before I got pregnant, and DH and I took a refresher course last week. (also, my mom, who watches L while we're at work, is infant CPR certified - she used to be a preschool teacher).

• Options
    rbtrumpet said:

So scary!  Glad you knew what to do! 

And I agree, everyone should take CPR training! 

I had CPR training before I got pregnant, and DH and I took a refresher course last week. (also, my mom, who watches L while we're at work, is infant CPR certified - she used to be a preschool teacher).

That's awesome. I feel like I should take a refresher course, because I took it almost a year ago. I guess it was still somewhere in my brain though! Thank goodness. 

• Options
    So glad your LO is ok! It's so nerve wracking!
  • Options
    AlisonM12AlisonM12 member
    edited August 2014
    This is so scary, glad that LO is okay and that you owned that CPR!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"