Single Parents
Options

GTKY

What words/phrases/terms irritate you?

I hate hate hate being called "kiddo."  Always have, always will.  I also hate the phrases baby mama and baby daddy.  And "making love" has always bugged me.  It's like saying you only love someone during sex or something.  

Re: GTKY

• Options
    I love baby daddy and baby mama

I hate being called sweetie/Hun by randoms
    I hate when people say expecially instead of especially
    I hate when people say bye bye on the phone in a business setting (although I am guilty of this myself)
  • Options
    Panties. I haaaaaate the word panties. It sounds creepy and pedofilic to me
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also hate the sweetie/hun thing.  Creeps me out. 
  • Options
    YOLO
    Totes
    Cray
    Totes cray
    Cray cray
    ...did I mention YOLO?

Also after several years in the marketing agency world, buzz words irritate the fuck out of me. "innovation" "implementation" "synergy" etc etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    Back when my sister and I were speaking to each other, she used a whole bunch of slang words around me, but "cray cray" stuck in my craw.  

And, I hate the word "mommy".  Even as a kid, I never EVER referred to my mother as "mommy".  It was either "mom" or "ma".  I still call her "ma", sometimes "momma", but never "mommy".

In general, I hate the way my dad talks to DD. Drives me NUTS. He brings the pitch of his voice to an octive he can't really hit and mostly speaks in baby talk.  Which I keep telling him "USE REAL WORDS."  and he gets mad at me because if DD looks at me and says "mamamamabaaa", I will (only very occasionally) say it back and then he looks at me and is like "use real words!".  I can see how it looks hypocritical, but I don't do it all the time.  In fact, maybe once every couple of weeks. He does it like it's first nature to him.  Also, I can't stand when he sings to her.  He can't sing for shit and doesn't know the words to any of the songs he sings to her, so he fills the gap with more baby talk.  

I think I'm more easily irritated by him because he doesn't understand boundaries and wants to live with me forever.  I keep dropping hints that I'm looking for an apartment but he counters that with "you're going to abandon me?" UGH! UGH!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Back when my sister and I were speaking to each other, she used a whole bunch of slang words around me, but "cray cray" stuck in my craw.  

And, I hate the word "mommy".  Even as a kid, I never EVER referred to my mother as "mommy".  It was either "mom" or "ma".  I still call her "ma", sometimes "momma", but never "mommy".

In general, I hate the way my dad talks to DD. Drives me NUTS. He brings the pitch of his voice to an octive he can't really hit and mostly speaks in baby talk.  Which I keep telling him "USE REAL WORDS."  and he gets mad at me because if DD looks at me and says "mamamamabaaa", I will (only very occasionally) say it back and then he looks at me and is like "use real words!".  I can see how it looks hypocritical, but I don't do it all the time.  In fact, maybe once every couple of weeks. He does it like it's first nature to him.  Also, I can't stand when he sings to her.  He can't sing for shit and doesn't know the words to any of the songs he sings to her, so he fills the gap with more baby talk.  

I think I'm more easily irritated by him because he doesn't understand boundaries and wants to live with me forever.  I keep dropping hints that I'm looking for an apartment but he counters that with "you're going to abandon me?" UGH! UGH!
    Along these lines, my mom still refers to herself as "mama" and calls my dad "daddy" (like "daddy said X" and stuff like that). I'm 34. You're mom and dad. Not mama and daddy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    The cat picture cracks me up.  My coworker and I use that picture in e-mail to each other every time we're super stressed.  

BD always says "Where'd you go to?"  I cringe every single time I hear it.  Then I want to kick him in the nads because I don't want DD learning poor grammar from her father.  Not that he's ever around.  
  • Options
    That wasn't even the picture I was looking for.  I was looking for a gif from Scarface and I just couldn't find it!
  • Options
    I have another one, i hate when middle class white girls from suburbia talk like their from the ghetto.
  • Options
    Dude, that bugs the shit out of me, too.  I just want to shake them and say "WE'RE NOT ON THE SOUTHSIDE OF THE CITY! WE'RE IN THE SUBURBS!! FAR THE FUCK AWAY THAT THERE IS NO GHETTO HERE!"
  • Options
    There's a woman I work with that has the WORST grammar. Ever. One thing she says that's jumping out at me is "idear" instead of "idea". Why oh why are you adding an R to the end of it? There's no R. You're almost 50. Didn't you learn to spell and speak in school? Ugh.

And I hate when my mom says "we" when talking about raising this baby. Like it's her and I that are the parents. I am thankful for the help she is giving and plans to give when LO is born but this "we" nonsense has to stop. Like "WE" won't be putting him in that or "WE" won't be paying X amount for pictures or "WE" won't let him to xyz. Though I appreciate her input and the help she is/will be giving, I'M his mother therefore I get the final say.

Note: I am a FTM. Being that most of you are already moms, you might be shaking your head at that and thinking "she says that now" haha I know how clueless I am right now and that I just might give into anything she says/does with this little one but right now, I'm standing my ground.
  • Options
    @AmandaRae529‌ im not shaking my head at all. At the end of the day no matter how much help you get your still the parent
  • Options
    Thank you for the justification @MinnesotaMomma91. Sometimes I feel guilty because on one hand, I feel like she's just trying to help. On the other, I don't think she did all the right things with me so I will not be allowing those things to be repeated with my son.

• Options
    I'm totally with Minnesota here.  My dad pulls that "we" shit all the time, even in front my BF.  And my BF and I totally hate it!
  • Options
    I can't stand when someone uses "axed" instead of "asked" when they want to ask a question...seriously drives me crazy!
  • Options
    Bf and i are mom and dad when i hear from bd and he talks about his boy or his son this is my reaction
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"