Parenting after a Loss
Options

Baby prefers one parent?

Has anyone been through a period when baby prefers one parent over another? DS (11mo) strongly prefers Dad and has for several months. I thought it would be a phase, but it seems to only be getting stronger. I try not to take it personally and DH tries to get DS to involve/acknowledge me but I think that makes it worse. Its usually the other way around so I'm feeling particularly bent out of shape about it. It's also tricky for DH because he can't get as much independent time as he'd like. We'd both like to see this balance out a bit.

Anyone have experience/perspective to share?
TTC #1 since January 2011
BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!

Re: Baby prefers one parent?

• Options
    O did his for a few months, it was ALL DADDY all the time! Drove me bananas. about 3 weeks ago,  he finally stopped reaching for him while he's in my arms, but he still loves his daddy lots.
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Options
    Are you usually the one to change diapers, give baths, put in car seat, brush teeth, clip nails, put to bed and any other activities that LO might not like and with Daddy it's always playtime all the time? 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hungryhippohungryhippo member
    edited August 2014
    katharine25 - Thanks for making me feel less alone. DS squirms, cries, and reaches for Daddy almost every time. And clings to his leg. And beams when he pick him up from daycare, but hardly notices I'm even there.  =(( I'm glad to hear it has eased for you. Hopefully it will here too.

BootsOrHearts - I wouldn't say yes to most of those, but I am the one who puts DS to bed almost every night. DH does the vast majority of care in the morning and right after daycare including giving two bottles. DH and I do differ in our interactions with DS. DH is very interacitve and directive of DS's play while I like to take a step back and let him self direct along the lines of RIE philosophy. Maybe I need to step in and be a little more "fun" for a while to see if that makes any difference.

TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Options
    It's hard right because like, things have to get done it can't be playtime always! Hopefully it's just a phase. 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    For a long time S preferred me but I figured it was due to the fact that I did most of the care. I fed her most of the time too. Now that she's getting nursed less and I am back to work, she is spending more time with DH and I do notice a difference. I am trying not to let it hurt my feelings but I actually miss it. Last night we were watching a movie and I moved over to be closer to her while she was playing on the floor and a few minutes later she was on the other side of DH. That hurt and has never happened before. But when it came to bed time she was all about mom so I guess it's balancing and that's not a bad thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have one girl who LOVES her daddy, and always prefers him to me. I just think it's cute and she is a daddy's girl. Sometimes I tell her she is stuck with me anyways :) I know it is hard, but hopefully it will pass.

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"