School-Aged Children

Tooth fairy?

What does she bring in your house?

DS lost his second tooth today (after much drama lol!). The tooth fairy brought a dollar bill and a dollar coin for the first tooth. I was thinking of doing the same, but not sure what others do.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Tooth fairy?

• DD collects gold dollar coins. DS collects state quarters. We do $2/tooth using at least one new coin they don't have.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • DD gets a dollar bill and a gold dollar coin. 
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • Loading the player...
  • We gave DS $2 to put in his piggy bank.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • neverblushedneverblushed member
    edited August 2014
    At our house she gives $2 for the first tooth and a dollar for subsequent teeth.

My son has a loose tooth, and he just said the other night, "Mom, I'm pretty sure it's just you who puts money under my pillow.  When this tooth falls out, you can just give me the money."  
    :(

I think part of the reason he figured it out is that he had a kid in his class last year who got $20/tooth.  Outrageous.  I think he figured his parents might be that stingy, but a magical fairy wouldn't be that unfair.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • The fairy is the hardest "magical being" to be.  We've also been caught with no small bills and had to rely on quarters.  Honestly, that's probably why we settled on a buck a tooth -- we always have spare change laying around.  We don't always have three one dollar bills, or whatever.

I've also -- WHOOPS! -- totally forgotten to do it more than once, which raises eyebrows in my kids.  One time, my DD woke up while I had my hand under her pillow, searching around for the darn tooth.  I quickly improvised and said, "I'm just checking to see if it's still there..."  She was young enough to buy it, but that was a close call!

I think we made it this far w/ DS because he hasn't lost many teeth for a while.  The first 8 came out in rapid succession when he was 5 or 6, which was preschool and kindy for him.  Kids lose those, then there's a break before they lose the canines.  He lost one lower canine last spring and now the other side's loose.  So, he hasn't had to think about the tooth fairy much for a few years.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • We only do $1, but I had to laugh when I read this thread because last time I forgot AND I only had a $5.  I told him it must have been $5 because it was the 5th tooth he lost and he is 5 :)  I am not a big fan of the tooth fairy thing.  Plus DS insists on keeping the teeth so we have an arrangement with the fairy.
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • The first tooth the tooth fairy left a bunch of coins totally about $1.12 becuase I was unprepared.  She was excited because "lots of coins!"  Now the tooth fairy stockpiles quarters and each tooth earns 4 quarters.  I say no to tooth fairy inflation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"