LGBT Parenting
Options

Wellness Wednesday

How is the journey toward your health and wellness goal(s) going? Any specific accomplishments or challenges this week?

QOTD:  How does your community and/or environment support or challenge your health & wellness goals.

Re: Wellness Wednesday

• Options
    Cutting sugar out of my diet has been going well. For the first time in a long while I feel empowered to do something about my weight-loss goal.  I feel like I can't do extreme dieting because I'm BFing and I can't seem to get to the gym regularly with the LOs - but sugar I can avoid.    My goal for the coming week is to continue to avoid sugar, and start to look into other dietary changes I can make. If the boys are healthy tomorrow I'd like to get back to the gym. Owen's now old enough to stay for a full 3 hours in playcare. Wooohooo.  I don't usually need that much time, but it's nice to not have to rush back.  I'm also starting to do more weight lifting on the machines.  It's a little intimidating to go to that section which is mostly used by men, and not know exactly what I'm doing so I have to read the instructions on the machine. But I've decided I need to be humble and go for it.
    Last night I made kale chips - my favorite.  This batch is a little salty but yummy nonetheless.

QOTD:  Since I don't have an office with cookies or candy being passed around I'm mostly left to my own devices.  My greatest challenge is finding time to eat healthy things. I usually don't eat until late morning or lunch time because I'm chasing the kiddos around. Or if I do its a bowl or cereal, protein shake or piece of cheese. I have to watch what I have in the house because I've grabbed bites of chocolate or a couple of cookies just as easily. Not having "snack" foods in the house is a huge help.

• Options

So, as I mentioned in my TTT yesterday, I lost 2 lbs last week. I am happy with this. If I keep up that pace, I will be where I want to be in a reasonable period of time (trying not to give myself a deadline!).

I have been making good choices, and I have cut out all bread and pasta. I am eating a ton of fresh fruits and veggies, and honestly for the most part I have not felt super hungry. I don't really feel like I am dieting most days, which is super refreshing for me.

QOTW: Well, at work there are ALWAYS goodies around, but I am pretty good at avoiding them. I don't find them that tempting for the most part. I just picture my closet full of clothes I can't fit into! HAHA... At home, that is a different story. My wife has been trying to be healthier, but she is definitely not dieting or cutting back as much as I am. So sometimes that is hard. So far we have been eating the same thing for dinner though, which is great. It is a work in progress, but I do find that most of the support that I get for weight loss and health I generally have to pull from within myself! HAHA. Come on will power!!! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My parents got me an indoor rower for my birthday (and all future birthdays and christmases :)). I have been rowing almost every day and I absolutely love it! It is easy to sneak out and knock out a good work out in 20 minutes. I have managed to rip my hands to shreds so I am taking the night off. 

M has been a total maniac this week, so food choices in general have been less than stellar. We are in all out survival mode and may have had a frozen pizza and Ben & Jerry's for dinner...tomorrow is a new day right? 

QOTW: My workplace has bazaar rules. I work for a Consumer Electronics company in the Innovation space. The whole company has a nothing-but-water-or-wrapped-candy-at-your-desk rule. The cafeteria (and bathrooms) are super far away from my desk, so I have found myself skipping meals, not drinking enough, getting hangry and making bad choices. I need to figure out how I am going to deal with this when I am pregnant. I don't really have time between my back to back to back meetings to pee let alone saunter down to the cafeteria and get a snackie. 

I would love any suggestions!
    Same-sex couple- In love with my awesome wife, A, since 2007
    Our son M was born 6.2013 

M was conceived via IVF using donor sperm and my wife's eggs. My wife carried. 

Now I am starting my second FET with embryos from A's IVF cycle...this is our last shot.

ET 9/15- BFN

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"