September 2013 Moms

11 month old w/ high fever keeps jerking

l0velyveel0velyvee member
edited August 2014 in September 2013 Moms
My 11 month old has a fever and we went to the hospital last night and they said it wasn't anything serious, but to keep her hydrated. Her temp was 105 last night and it's 101 right now. This morning I started to notice her jump/jerk really bad....does anyone know what is making her do this? She's not eating or drinking and she just wants to sleep. Poor baby..

Re: 11 month old w/ high fever keeps jerking

• Viral most likely. We had the same thing a few weeks back and it was just viral. We did cool baths, Tylenol as needed, as much pedialyte Popsicles and water/milk as we could get her to take.

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• How did you your little one take the cool baths? My daughter is on fire right now and she won't eat or drink. She just wants to sleep. :(@jlp0528
  • Loading the player...
  • Try giving her an oz or two at a time - pedialyte is the best for this if she's not eating. For baths, just lukewarm water. Maybe sit her in there for a bit. If that doesn't work, get a cold wet little towel and use it to cool her forehead down. Hope she feels better soon!
  • Thank you so much! I'm going to try the bath now! And the pedialyte!
  • She loves baths to begin with so I think that helped. We put the water at like lukewarm temp, not completely cool and we put toys in and played with her toys with her to keep her distracted while one of us would put a cool cloth on her back and and kept rinsing her as much as she let us. She didn't want to drink or eat really either. We crushed the pedialyte pops and fed it to her with the spoon. Hope it helps and she feels better soon.

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thank you so much for the help. And @wowcheezits she does this jumping thing when she sleeps, maybe she's soooo tired and jumps a lot? No idea but she's been doing it a lot when she's sleeping.
  • Poor thing!! Hope she feels better soon! I have heard of febrile seizures when they have a high temperature? Other than that I have no clue what would be causing them. I would call your doctor to be on the safe side..
  • l0velyveel0velyvee member
    edited August 2014
    It was 105 last night (rectal temp) and it's slowly going down, but her body is still hot. I did an axillary temp just now and it was 99.6, so it's probably 100-101. I did a cool bath like the moms on here suggested and it woke her up a bit and she's less cranky but she went back to bed.
  • Mila just woke up and her temp went down! That cool bath def helped! She's more alert and got some energy
  • Best sick advice I ever got was if they aren't taking in the pedal yet then do a power hour with it. Fill a syringe to about 3ml and squirt it in their mouth every minute for 5 minutes then give a 5-10 min break and repeat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"