LGBT Parenting
Options

Ten Things Tuesday!

Please share with us any 10 things on your mind today! :)

Special shout-out today to @2mamazinseattle on her induction day! Maybe today will be Simone's birthday! Can't wait for the first update! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• Options

1. Can't wait for an update on Simone August birthdays are the best!

2. Work has been dragging lately I have been counting down the days until my next day off and really haven't enjoyed being there.

3.  I am slowly trying to make R aware of the cost of daycare in MA and trying to get her to start the discussion of what makes the most sense for our family.  I think I should go down to part time but the idea is overwhelming for R.  We still have awhile before anything needs to be decided but around here I think if we are seriously considering daycare we need to start looking at centers due to waitlists.

4. On that note one of my good friends has offered to help out with watching said baby for a reasonable price however neither of us are comfortable with baby being at her house all day because it is really dirty.

5. I only have today and tomorrow of antibiotics and then I am done!! So ready to be done trying to swallow the pills. They made me gag every time.

6. 2nd trimester is less then a week away based on how baby is measuring but based on LMP it is exactly a week away.  Which means only 6 more weeks until I am passed my loss date.

7.  Last pregnancy seemed to really drag and so far this one is moving quickly. 

8.  I need to finish the IHS course online so I can register to take my state exam. My goal is to finish IHS course by end of August and then register for the state exam.

9.  I need to jump in the shower and start getting ready for work.  Only need to make it through today and tomorrow and then I have a day off!

10.  Poor R didn't get home until after midnight last night and then had to be to work by 6 am this morning so up by 4:30 I don't know how she does it.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Options
    1. The next few days are crazy busy, I'm already hoping for the weekend.
    2. I'm only two weeks away from my due date as of today. I can't believe it!
    3. I've gotten to the point where I don't realize how big I am, I'll open the refrigerator and hit my belly with the door or try and scoot by my wife and run into her, lol
    4. We did our maternity pictures on Saturday and I'm pretty excited to see them. We got a sneak peak of a few of them already. We did them at the same park as our engagement pictures, so it was very meaningful for us.
    5. Me and the girls had an impromptu ballerina dance party yesterday in the living room, it was precious. M walked up to me and asked me to dance like a ballerina with her, I just couldn't resist. My wife got home from work and saw the "new moves". I love those moments.
    6. I can't believe kids in our area are going back to school already!
    7. I love fall, but this summer has been fairly cool and I feel like I haven't enjoyed it enough.
    8. Baby Adalyn has been crazy active the last two days.
    9. I really need a pedicure before this baby girl comes.
    10. I'm so hungry lately!!
    Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. I am going to try to make this TTT quick and a bit more abbreviated than my usual... crazy busy work morning!

2. I miss my baby today. I have been back at work for 3.5 weeks, and he will be 11 weeks old tomorrow. I keep thinking that if I had taken more of an "average length" mat leave that I would still be on leave. Just having one of those days... gotta push through it!

3. I am also REALLY tired today. Like feel as if I might fall asleep in the shower this AM tired. Not sure why.

4. I think I am getting ready to get my period again. I got my first post-partum period at 7 weeks PP. My boobs have been crazy sore since yesterday and I am feeling a bit bloated. Today is CD29 (sooooo weird to thinking like that again!). So I guess it could come at any moment. I didn't miss my period...

5. I lost 2 more lbs last week.

6. Last night I made really yummy sautéed asparagus with dinner. I wish I had more asparagus at home to make it again tonight. It was super yummy. I think tonight will be a veggie and shrimp stir fry. I will make extra so I can bring it for lunch tomorrow too!

7. My 2 yr wedding anniversary is a week from today. I can't believe it has been 2 years! I loved our wedding. I want to re-live that day. We have decided not to spend $ on gifts this year... we are trying to save for a new house in the spring/early summer of 2015 and then TTC#2 at the end of next summer... maybe. hopefully.

8. My wife took Will with her to her mom's classroom today. She is working on getting it ready for the year. My MIL teaches 5th grade. I am kind of jealous... I wish I was with them.

9. I have to wrap this up - I have a meeting in 2 mins...

10. Happy Tuesday everyone!!! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    Okay folks...I am starting my TTT and we'll see how far I get...my hope is to get all the way to 10! 

1. My work has been super busy lately. I love what I do and I love helping this business grow but man...its a lot of work. 

2. C and I went to Asheville to spend time with some friends this weekend. It was amazing! Ashevulle is such a fun and cool town. We ate delicious and yummy food (lots a great vegan/veggie options) and we spent some good quality time with them...it was great! 

3. Starting on August 15th I gave up dairy in preparation to start pumping. It takes 30 days for the dairy to leave my system and it has been easier to give up than I thought but I sure eat a lot of things with dairy in then. 

4. C and I have decided to FINALLY start planning for the upcoming tiny person who will be joining our house. We have really let things go and we have become a little "hoarders lite" around here. We are spending a few minutes each night on different areas of our house. I am already feeling better about the way things are going...I hope we keep it up! 

5. We thought we were moving and now it looks as though we are stuck in this house and I have a little bit of a crappy attitude about it. I feel like this house is so small and I am so thankful that C is helping me stay positive. 

6. I am currently listing some items on eBay (due to #4) so hopefully we will get rid of some of the items that we don't need while still making a little money for the new babe! 

7. I start pumping and have been prepping for that recently. I nervous about the time commitment but I am committed. 

8. I started writing a blog and I have not been very good about keeping up with it. I need to do better. 

9. In about 2 1/2 weeks we leave for my brother's wedding. I am not looking forward to this wedding and I feel so bad about this. We have to travel to Minnesota (flights and hotels are EXPENSIVE) and I have a lot of anxiety surrounding flying AND this wedding...no bueno...

10. Okay...I'm off to do more listing and more cleaning!!! Have a great tuesday all!!! 

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    1. Our delayed induction is allowing me to go to yoga today with my ultimate 'mama bear' teacher, Colette. She's probably 60ish and was an L&D nurse for 30 years and has taught yoga for like 20 years. I kinda wanted my last class to be with her, so that worked out I guess!

2. We are sad that we are not getting to have our baby on Bill Clinton/Gene Roddenberry's birthday. My wife is from Arkansas and we both love us some Star Trek (she's more original; I'm more TNG).

3. My acupuncturist offered to squeeze in one more session today, but I went last evening and I'm just feeling ready enough. I did eat pineapple, am going to yoga and I think we have a greenlake walk (3 miles) planned for after dinner.

4. Speaking of dinner, my ideal last supper can now be had! Paseo is closed on Monday - but not Tuesday! So, for dinner I will have America's #2 best sandwich, though I can't imagine what #1 is because the Paseo cuban roast pork sandwich is so good. I will get extra jalepenos tonight!

5. I was laying down and J came to say hi (she and her mom were working on a cooking project). I turned over and she said "The beached whale turns over!" And I was like "Seriously? You just said that?" And she replies, "Well you kinda are..." Um. Wow. ZERO points, love.

6.The good news is I am not sensitive at all about my size - if anything I'm thrilled with it - I officially gained 5 lbs as of this morning since our first u/s on 12/26. So, I've essentially lost weight pregnant. Lucky for her.

7. @jrtmom had her baby at the same hospital as me and was postponed 2 times for her induction she told me!! I guess I should have low expectations for tomorrow morning.

8. A colleague sent us a big batch of baby clothes as a gift, including a "Daddy Loves Me" onsie...I told my (smartass) boss and he said "OR, she did it on purpose and has a great sense of humor. Damn, I wish I'd thought of that..." Nice.  At least he misses me!

9. J has started cooking! This is CRAZY to me but she said "honey I want to be able to take really good care of you and Simone and I don't just want to make boring food on the grill. I want to make interesting stuff." Um, if anyone knows what happened to my wife, please let me know.

10. I feel a little bad our induction change inconvenienced so many people - my mom/sisters, MIL, doula, placenta encapsulation lady, newborn photograher... BUT I'm psyched to have another day to get more ripened up for the big event. I am definitely more crampy today and feel more tender in my belly. Maybe this delay was exactly what was the right thing!!

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    1. After 47 days of unemployment I finally was offered a position as a FT nanny/house manager and I accepted the position yesterday. I start FT next week. The family just relocated back to the US from the UK. They have 2 children who are in school most of the day. They are a 2 nanny family. I will be taking over as nanny #1 and they are in the process of hiring #2. Nanny #2 went back already and nanny #1 is leaving September 25th, but shes hoping to return in January on a student visa. The hours are kinda crazy but the pay is great and I will have Saturday-Monday off which is nice because L's schedule is switching and she will now have Sunday/Mondays off!

2. Saturday night we are hosting L's work Fantasy Football draft party. Shes in charge of the 2 at her work and our family one. She needed an extra player for her 2 work leagues so I will be in those plus our family one. I was really hoping to join a money league but I'm not sure I can manage 4 leagues. In the meantime I have been watching preseason and researching players. I have a good idea of what players I will be going for. 

3. Wednesday nights we have our friend Sarah over for dinner and SYTYCD. Her wife just joined the Navy and will be graduating on the 29th and then leaving for boot camp for 4 months. I feel really bad for Sarah because shes so lonely and Stefanie's joining of the Navy was a sudden decision, that Sarah was not 100% on board for. We also have been trying to invite her when we go places. 

4. I have been trying to cook dinner every night. Last night I made mini hamburgers using wonton wrappers and sweet potato fries. I'm also making the same thing for Wednesday night's dinner. Tonight I am making crock pot sweet and tangy chicken with brown rice and veggies. Hopefully it tastes okay, because it kinda smells funky. I get the majority of my recipes from a website called Emily Bites. Yummy and cheap to make!

5. L has been talking a lot about getting a new puppy. I think she is crazy because our dog Milly doesn't even like dogs. Well she only likes the giant dogs which we wouldn't get. Right now we live in a 3rd floor condo but eventually we plan on buying a house with a fenced in backyard. That's when I think we should get another dog. 

6. I just found out a couple of my friends are pregnant. My one friend is having a girl. One doesn't know the sex yet and my other two friends are both pregnant with twins! L keeps reminding me that it will be our turn soon. 

7. Something is wrong with the tire on my Jeep. It makes a very loud screeching noise when I drive and its embarrassing. I just drive with the windows up and the music loud. Thankfully Lauren's brother knows whats wrong with it and will hopefully be fixing it this weekend. 

8. Since my FET is scheduled for October 11th, I am enjoying my medication free break. I don't have to go back to see my RE till September 15th. It seems so far away but I know the 11th will be here before I know it! L is really enjoying this break also. She isn't a fan of me on medication either :)

9. Sunday I had a girls day with Maddie. She is the youngest of the family I was with for 6 years and the family I moved to Illinois with. We had pancakes and got manicures. She likes to call me "Jaimster" now. 

10. This TTT is taking longer then I thought because my lovely laptop decided to restart mid sentence. I hate this thing!

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• Options
    1. Soooooo excited for @2MamazInSeattle‌! Wishing her a smooth induction and looking forward to meeting Ms. Simone.

2. I've been thinking about @StacyLH24‌ lately. I understand her need to take a step back from this community right now. I am so incredibly frustrated for her that the first round of IVF didn't work. Hope she is able to physically and emotionally recharge before the next round.

3. My nasty cough is still lingering and my throat and chest are starting to hurt. Ready for it to go away, but people keep telling me anecdotes about how they had a cough for 6 weeks... Boo.

4. Kinda bummed that I haven't been able to run lately. I wasn't able to fit it in when I was traveling and I've been sick or recovering since I returned. There's no way I can run while I still have this congestion in my chest.

5. Wrote in yesterday's parenting thread that my pumping output has declined, which has me all stressed out. But was reading more yesterday that there is a normal decline around 9-10 months to meet your baby's needs, so now I'm all confused about whether I actually need to supplement with donor milk or not. :-?

6. My best friend is almost 9 weeks pregnant! She had her first ultrasound last week and all is well. Yay!

7. How do you parents of more than one child do it? I know for sure that we will have another child, but the idea of a second one scares me right now! And the thought of paying for two kids in day care is also pretty awful.

8. I can't believe it's time for us to start thinking about planning Ash's first birthday party! I think I might actually start a separate thread to help get ideas. I want a theme, but I also want to keep it relatively small and inexpensive so that we can instead splurge on professional family photos.

9. @TwoMomsInTX‌ - is this your first fall in Texas? Don't get your hopes up too soon. Usually fall weather is here by November. ;)

10. It has taken me all day to finish this list!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. I've been following along throughout the day but am just now getting around to posting. 

2. Today I took the boys into for their well check -up.  Kaden is 75th % for weight at 30.2lbs and 50th % for height at 34.25"  Owen is 95th % for both at 17.25 lbs and 26.25".  Kaden was a "big" baby too and basically stopped gaining weight at a year, and growing more slowly.  Still I rarely see two year olds as tall as he is so I wonder where all the tall kids are ;-)

3. Last night was awful. With both boys sick - ugh. Kaden was up until 1:30am after which I lay on the couch with Owen until 6:30am.  Owen was having trouble breathing so I held him upright all night.  EV worked from home today so she could hang out with Kaden in the morning and I could drift off while feeding a restless Owen for a few hours. Without that I would have been a mess. What are we going to do when we both work???  I'm terrified.

4. We are in the process of getting ready to rent our house. I'm excited because so far we've had a good amount of interest and we've increased the rent.  EV and our friend who owns a contracting business with her husband are going to install new floors and paint next week.  It's going to be a little crazy but I hope its worth it.

5. We've decided to look for a cheaper long term rental.  We've gone back and forth about buying but we can't really buy without selling our other house and even then we'll likely end up in a transitional home trying to save $ to buy our forever home. So... we're going to rent and save and pay down some of our student loans and maybe buy a house in a year or two.  I'm kind of excited about this option though I was disappointed at first. One its the right thing to do (as far as we can reason) and two (living a little more cheaply takes the pressure off my needing to find a job asap). Selfishly I treasure each day I'm home with the boys. Thinking about being away kills me as much as I look forward to reclaiming my "adult" life.  To that end though I hope to be working in a couple of months if not sooner.

6. Kaden is running around naked outside with a hat on. I try to keep him dressed but since he can now undress himself its darn near impossible.

7. My parents are gone back to Tucson... It's so quiet around here.

8. I taking a couple of classes to learn more about SQL and system design, I logged in today and I'm already overwhelmed.  But that could also be because I am being interrupted every minute by an inquisitive toddler.

9. I'm so grateful for my life, ups and downs and everything in between. 

10. Time to make some mac 'n cheese with ham and kale.  EV said the other day she had the appetite of a toddler -well I'm hoping she's serious ;-)

• Options
    1. Today was my first day back at work

2. I hated almost every second of it and kept thinking how it just wasn't worth it.

3. Having nanny cams is a good and bad thing. I liked being able to check in, but hated hearing him cry and not be able to do anything and watching someone else take care of my baby.

4. M is 2 months old today!

5. We found out our friends are having a girl, due in Feb. M is going to be surrounded by girls! Our good friends just had a girl 2 weeks ago and my sister has a 1 year old girl.

6. J and I are going to talk about me quitting my job and staying home tonight. Could be interesting

7. I'm sleepy. So so sleepy.

8. I stopped eating dairy a week ago and M isn't having green poop anymore. Going to give it a couple more weeks and then test it. I miss ice cream.

9. My dad is supposed to come over tonight. I hope he does, we never see him w/out his girlfriend anymore.

10. Made it to ten, woo hoo! I'm excited for @2MamazInSeattle‌ and @trisholio‌ to have their babies!

• Options
    1) I hope my night is safe at work.
    2) I work way too much.
    3) Work is the only thing that helps me keep my mind from going crazy thinking about babies.
    4) I hope this next IUI takes.
    5) I'm sad my last IUI didn't take.
    6) I'm sad for my wife because her grandmother passed this morning.
    7) I wouldn't mind having twins.
    8) I have so many things that need to get done around my house.
    9) I don't like being away from my wife.
    10) I could really use some more friends.
  • Options

Let’s see 10 things today!

3.       My acupuncturist is a bit new-age/hippy (aren’t they all?), anyway she told me there’s been studies (I can’t find them…) that say that smelling newborn baby’s is helpful when TTC.  It releases some hormone in your brain… Well, now I’m the weirdo trying to smell baby heads! I mean it can’t hurt right?  We have two babies (3 mo and 1 week) in our life right now that I have access to, so my mission is to get in as much baby time as possible before FET (whenever that is…) I.PROMISE.IM.NOT.AS.WEIRD.AS.THAT.SOUNDS…REALLY!

I am sitting at work and laughing out loud. I'm also wondering where I can get access to some newborn babies so I can sniff them.
    I suspect she may have been referring to a study released late last year, which found that when women smelled "new baby smell," their brains showed activity in the dopamine pathways.  This particular study didn't make a connection with conception, but dopamine inhibits prolactin and too much prolactin inhibits estrogen, so there are actually fertility drugs that increase dopamine.

In other words -- there is actually science behind this.  Go sniff babies' heads.  They have to be under 6 weeks old, though.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"