November 2013 Moms
Options

We're doing this wrong, aren't we?

Sleep. We have a problem with sleep.

B has always been a great sleeper (at night). The past two weeks or so have been different. She's been waking sometime between 1am and 3am crying. Dramatic cries, not just fussing.

The only way we've been able to settle her is with a bottle. I think this is a bad bad thing to do.

We've tried feeding her more before bed. She only takes what she wants, and she doesn't want more.

Where she's been such a great sleeper, DH and I just look at each other and shrug. We have no idea what else to do.

Suggestions?
Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.

Re: We're doing this wrong, aren't we?

• Options
    I'm with @wedding06. If she's going back down after she eats then I would feed her. Luke has been doing the same thing lately and we end up giving him a 4oz motn bottle about 3x a week.
  • Options
    @wedding06‌ -- Thanks. We've been feeding, and don't mind doing it. We just want to avoid creating bad habits. This is the first growth spurt where she's behaved vastly different than the norm.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I still can't believe that some of you get a full nights sleep!! M almost always wakes 1-2 times at night and feeds to sleep. No snuggling, walking, rocking or cursing will calm her hungry self.

I sometimes wonder if we've created a habit, and have idea how to break it. Regardless of lass nap, what time she goes to bed, bath/no bath, amount she eats before ... Nothing seems to consistently change her sleep pattern.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! It's nice to not be alone in this.

At her 6mo appointment she was STTN and pedi thought it was great. Directive was if she starts to wake, don't pickup and definitely don't feed. We were fine then, so we didn't think much about the advice.

Neither DH or I are fond of CIO. A little fussing is ok, but if she cries it's normally because she needs something. In the current case, the need is definitely food.

She goes right back down and the growth spurt makes sense so we are going to just do what we are doing. Thanks to all for the advice!
  • Options
    Sounds like you've got it figured out, just wanted to add that we're still feeding a small 3oz bottle around 4:30am if LO wakes up- most nights she still does.
    We did a little bit if CIO which got her to learn to sleep better but if she wakes up after 7+ hours then I figure it's hunger and not just restlessness.

Also, a few weeks back LOs sleep went to hell and I picked her up and fed her sometimes and then things returned to 'normal' so I wouldn't worry too much, hopefully the good sleep will return soon.
  • Options
    E had this happen for about 4 nights in a row. She hasn't had a MOTN bottle since she was probably 5 months old. We usually could go in and pat her butt for a few minutes and she would fall back to sleep. But for those nights she took down the bottles and one day just went back to normal. FX this will happen with you too!
  • Options
    JodiAnn25 said:

I just got back from Josie's nine-month appointment with a directive from the pediatrician to no longer feed her in the night. I just nodded and smiled.

Good luck!

they told me this at the 6 month appt. Lol.
    I agree it's either growth spurt and or teething. Sometimes LO eats in the motn and sometimes she just needs her bink. I go with the flow...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"