August 2013 Moms

WWYD: Weaning from pump

So, I've EP'd for the past year and since DD turned 1 on the 6th, I decided to wean. I gradually cut down the length of time and number of times a day I would pump and I got down to twice a day. One day I felt comfortable enough not to pump so I didn't and I've been fine since (this was last Tuesday).

Yesterday I noticed a lot of lumps in my breasts. They've been sensitive since I've stopped pumping but nothing terrible, and they still aren't painful, just sensitive. Should I just let it ride as long as I'm comfortable enough not to pump or should I be concerned by all the lumps and do something? What would you do?

Re: WWYD: Weaning from pump

• I would apply a heating pad and massage, possibly hand express in the shower. I doubt much, if anything, will come out since you haven't pumped in a week but it will help to ease the pressure/sensitivity.
  • I would apply a heating pad and massage, possibly hand express in the shower. I doubt much, if anything, will come out since you haven't pumped in a week but it will help to ease the pressure/sensitivity.

Thanks, I'll try the heating pad tonight and see if that helps. Surprisingly, I was leaking a little when I got out of the shower this morning but I didn't try expressing any.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't do anything. If they get painful or red, pump.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"