August 2014 Moms

Alert time ideas

Obviously it's very early, but I can't help but feel I should be doing more in the brief moments when Travis is alert. We do tummy time, and of course practical things (like a sponge bath or diaper change), but other than reading to him and singing lullabyes, I'm not sure what else to offer as stimulation. He'll be 4 weeks tomorrow. Any suggestions?

image    image

Re: Alert time ideas

• At this age...I just hold them, carry them around.  Talk to them a little. 

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• I show her different pictures, bright colors, high contrast, etc. I also put all kinds of music on for her.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • That's plenty ! At that age they don't need yo "do" much... tummy time, reading, singing is perfect.

• We spend a lot of time with DS1 in the bouncy seat or on the floor while DS1 plays around him. Ditto pp, sounds like you are doing plenty. Just narrate your day while you do stuff around the house.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I talk to him, cuddle him, read stories with DD while holding him but really I just go about my life and my routine with my DD and figure he will benefit from everything we discuss and call it good.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I talk to him, cuddle him, read stories with DD while holding him but really I just go about my life and my routine with my DD and figure he will benefit from everything we discuss and call it good.
    LOL yes I feel so much more normal this time just chatting away with DS1 instead of saying "Now I'm going to vacuum!  This is the vacuum!  It is loud!  Now I am going to put away the dishes!". 
    :P

• I talk to her and watch her stretch. We do tummy time on my chest. In the evening I set her in the bouncer while I cook dinner and just talk to her about what I'm doing.
    We also go on walks but she will fall asleep half way through the walk.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"