Pregnant after 35
Options

maternity leave policy?

just curious if anyone has had this situation, I'll be having "irish triplets" (got pregnant with my 3rd exactly 1 year after having twins.

Does anyone know what maternity leave policy is for a second baby / leave within the same year as your first?  I'll be going out almost exactly 1 year later, but I'll be "going out" 10 months from when I came back the 1st time...

I ask because I see some things in the law that say FMLA and disability are limited to a certain amount "per 12 month period".

I'm in NJ in case anyone has had a similar experience?

This was NOT planned but very welcomed by me and my husband, no doubt my employer will not see it the same way. 

:-??

Re: maternity leave policy?

• Options

ETA - that first sentence should read my twins will be 1 year old when I have my third baby.

• Options
    I believe that FMLA coverage is 12 weeks within a 365 day period.  Meaning- if you started your leave on October 1, 2013 and used 12 weeks of leave during the year, you would have a "new" 12 weeks starting on October 2, 2014.   This also would assume that you were a full time employee (PT have to work a certain number of hours during the year, which you could easily have). 

In terms of PTO- that will depend on how your employer has that benefit set up and what "rules" are written into the policy. 

Finally, you should be able to find most of this info on your state's employment website.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know in MD we only get 12 weeks of FMLA which really is just a law protecting your job.  You may still get maternity leave depending on your employer, and may be granted a leave with out pay or extended absense that just wouldn't be governed by the FMLA regulation.  It will really depend on your employer. 

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    alexesq33alexesq33 member
    edited August 2014

Thank you both so much!!

Yes, I know I'm trying to read the websites but probably my best resource is my company HR.  It's just that I don't really want to go there just yet.

I do appreciate the responses!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"