Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Favorite Diaper Rash Cream?

My 18 day old LO has the most stubborn diaper rash!! I have tried everything. I am checking/changing diaper on the hour and have tried:
Aquaphor, calmoseptine, desitin, butt paste, Honest Company healing balm, coconut oil....I know diaper rashes happen but I can't stand it for her:(. Today I'm trying lotrimin anti fungal cream with aquaphor on top hoping that maybe it's a yeast issue. We have an appt with the pediatrician later this week. I've also used the blow dryer on cool to dry her bum really well before next diaper along with saline wipes instead of regular ones. Please help!

Re: Favorite Diaper Rash Cream?

• i mix the baby aquaphor and butt paste, it works well together. you might want to check with your doctor to make sure its not fungal
  • @nicolemarie89‌ I'm thinking fungal at this point too so I'm doing a trial with an anti-fungal cream today. Thanks for your tip! Do you use the mixture with each diaper change or just when a rash starts to pop up?
  • Loading the player...
  • I use penaten. It works very well.
  • I've been using is for about 2 weeks now. I try to do it every time but it's hard when she's screaming and wants to get her diaper back on. Also you could try Vaseline with an ointment. Our doctor said to do that but I find my mixture works much better
  • cookieinvacookieinva member
    edited August 2014
    I'd also try no wipes, just plain water. Saline on a rash sounds painful (?). Have you considered if it might be related to the actual diapers, some kind of reaction or something? Is your LO BF? Maybe reaction to something you are eating? I might be wrong but I feel like it would be unusual to have such a stubborn true diaper rash on such a young baby since you have to change their diapers so often.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited August 2014
    TRIPLE PASTE! I couldn't believe how quickly it cleared up DD's (3weeks) rash!

ETA: I also stopped using wipes to clean and used cotton balls and warm water
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • I'm picking up some triple paste today...it's on my list! Yes I am breastfeeding and I've thought about diet, etc but I can't pinpoint anything that would be causing a rash! I guess i need to research that more. I do think it looks better today with the yeast cream + aquaphor. Cotton balls and plain water sound like a good plan for cleaning. I can't relate it to a particular brand of diaper either because I've been using a mix of huggies, pampers, and honest co diapers. I am going up to size 1 from NB today, maybe a little bigger diaper will help too. Thank you all so much for the great input!!
  • flclflcl member
    Gotta second Triple Paste!
  • I have found dr.smith diaper cream works best for my kids .. U can find it on amazon.. It's like a magic balm
    .. Clears up rashes really fast ..
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Put some baking soda in LO's bath water to let their bum soak. It neutralizes the irritation and redness. I personally swear by a product called Pinxav. Check .com for local availability or available on amazon. I have family that beg me to overnight them this stuff to wherever they are in the country.

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I read about Pinxav! I'll add that to my arsenal for sure. Thanks!
  • I second the penaten cream, it works wonders!
  • Pinkslav worked great for us!

• I would absolutely say Triple Paste. It is like magic.
  • Yes- Triple Paste all the way!!!!

• Desitin Quick Relief at night and for when the rash is present. Baby Powder daily with each change to keep things dry and for general rash prevention.
  • Ok ladies-I've ordered Pinxav off amazon and have been applying triple paste with each diaper change! I want to say the triple paste is working but it's too soon to tell. The rash does look better-I've been using cotton pads with water in place of wipes and that seems to be helping too. This is so frustrating but I really appreciate everyone's help! Great group of mamas here.
  • @midwestFNP‌ I also have to agree that triple paste is amazing stuff. Sounds like you're doing all you can mama! I hope the rash clears up soon. Keep us posted :)

imageimage

• Havana2014Havana2014 member
    edited September 2014
    Not sure how available this is in the US (but obviously you can get it on Amazin), but it's great stuff

https://www.sudocrem.com/history

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000ZLQJHC?pc_redir=1409578424&robot_redir=1
  • @Havana2014‌ I actually ordered this stuff already and just got it yesterday! I'll let everyone know what ends up working:)
  • We're lucky in that our son has only had diaper rash once (knock wood), but when he did get it, we tried Desitin first and it didn't really clear up. Then we tried Calmoseptine and it worked like a charm. Rash was gone in a couple of days. BUT, we also found that discontinuing breastmilk also helped. We had to stop because our son likely has a milk protein intolerance.  (We learned that a persistent diaper rash or red ring around the anus is a clear sign of an allergy or intolerance.) So I also wonder if maybe your daughter is reacting to something in your breastmilk, or the milk itself. Definitely check with your pediatrician on this one.
  • If you're breastfeeding be careful of your vitamin c intake or foods that have a high content of it. My son never really had any rash issues until I started taking vitamin c and the rash creams wouldn't do anything for it. Once I cut down my intake regular desitin worked fine and there haven't been any untreatable rash problems since.
  • Hello ladies!! I'm happy to report that this month-long rash finally seems to be getting better!!! I've been using a yeast cream and sudocrem (diaper rash cream they don't sell in the US for some reason). Triple paste and the yeast cream also helped. Bare butt time added in and we are on our way to a rash-free tush!! What an ordeal! She is pooping less as she gets older so that is helping too. Thank you to every mama who responded!! :x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"