Formula Feeding
Options

Feeding before naps and bedtime

Do you give a bottle right before each nap and BT? DS is 4 mos and I'm still struggling to find a good routine with him. Everyday is different. Sleep regression has hit and sucks majorly!

What is your BT routine with bottle?

Re: Feeding before naps and bedtime

• Options
    We don't do it as far as bed time routine goes. Or naps. We are big believers in the idea that babies shouldn't associate eating with sleep or it makes it harder for them to learn to put themselves back to sleep without that sleep crutch. If the timing works out that he gets a bottle close in time before bed, we do that, then his routine of bath, pjs, cuddle, song, and into his crib. Mine are both fantastic sleepers, and I think avoiding that association has been key for us.
  • Options
    My DD always got a bottle before bedtime - she now gets a big cup of milk. But we never fed bottles nor nursed before naps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our BT routine is diaper > bottle > paci/sleepsack/carry upstairs > lullaby > bed, so while the bottle is part of the routine, it is separated enough that I'm not feeding her to sleep. She sleeps pretty well at night, sometimes STTN (10-11 hours) and other times waking up once to eat.

Like PP, we're still trying to establish a routine for naps, so I'll only give a bottle before nap if it is coming close to her feeding her time when she's about ready to take a nap. Like at BT, if I need to give her a bottle, I'll feed her downstairs before bringing her up for her nap, and put her down drowsy but awake.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    We follow a eat play nap schedule. So he eats right after nap. We have found that not using bottles to go to sleep allows DS to learn to fall asleep on his own and prevents later requiring trying to drop the night time bottle.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DTNZ4Ever said:
    We follow a eat play nap schedule. So he eats right after nap. We have found that not using bottles to go to sleep allows DS to learn to fall asleep on his own and prevents later requiring trying to drop the night time bottle.

And more importantly allows them to put themselves back to sleep when they wake in the night. Which means they and you sleep thru the night. Score!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"