Parenting after a Loss

Success after unexplained infertility diagnosis? (From TTCAL)

kvlady82kvlady82 member
edited August 2014 in Parenting after a Loss
Hi ladies! I am from TTCAL…I hope that you don't mind that I am posting here! If this is not appropriate, please let me know. It is so great to see so many ladies on a board that is parenting after a loss! Everyone deserves to be on this end :)

I won't be able to get back on to the board until around 4, so please don't think that I am being rude if I don't answer until then!! I appreciate any one who takes the time to read.

***losses mentioned***

I will try my best to not go into any more detail than you need to know…I don't want to bore anyone! 

My DH (33) and I (32) got PG after NTNP March 2013. It ended in a MMC at 6w4d & resulted in a D&C.  As per my ob/gyn's advice, we waited 3 months before trying again.  We tried - charted, temping, OPKs, etc., with no luck. My ob/gyn ended up giving me Clomid in December 2013 - probably because he has known me since I was 16 and knew I felt pressure that I was getting to an age where the older I got, the more age worked against me.  I now know that I shouldn't have taken the medicine without being closely monitored, but I just was happy that I was told that "people get pregnant almost all of the time on this if there are no fertility problems." The other thing that I should mention is that when I was 16, I gave birth to a completely healthy baby boy, but gave him up for adoption.  Although it was definitely the right thing to do, it haunts me now, in my infertility struggles. Clomid made me form cysts and did not work.

Anyway, I have been under the care of an RE since April.  We have tried IUI with Femara (and only an Ovidrel trigger once). The second try worked, and on June 6, we found out we were PG. I was cautiously optimistic, as was DH, but I really tried to stay on the more optimistic side.  PgAL brain took over the week that I knew something was off, and when I asked for another u/s to check on the baby (after we first saw a heartbeat 2 days before), the heart rate was only 63.  We waited over the weekend, but I told DH that this was not going to "rally" as he kept saying.  Tues, July 2, the RE confirmed what I knew in my heart, and it was another MMC…there was still a heart beat at 7w; we lost the baby some time between 7w - 7w3d. I had a D&E the next day. 

So, they tested DH and I. My auto-immune panel came back neg, I have no thyroid problems, our karyotyping came back negative, and the part that haunts & confuses me - the testing on the embryo came back that HE was perfectly normal. So basically, I MC a healthy baby boy, and I am "perfectly normal."  RE sent out more blood work for more rare blood disorders and genetic mutations, but he doesn't think I have any of it.

My question - are there any success stories on this board of women who have had all testing come back as normal, maybe had a healthy embryo & MC, but ended up having a successful PG?  I feel like I am grasping at straws & trying to find some hope.

Thank you, so very much, for taking the time to read this if you made it this far. 
:x 

Edit: Spelling is hard!
**Formerly kvillano82**
**DX - Unexplained IF**
BFP#1 3/9/13 - EDD 11/6/2013 - MMC 3/21/13 - D&C 3/25/13 
Clomid 12/13, 1/14, 2/14 - cysts developed 
Femara 4/16/14-4/20-14 Ovidrel 4/23/14 IUI 4/25/14 - BFN
Femara 5/14/14-5/18/14 IUI 5/23/14 - BFP#2 on 6/6/14 & EDD 2/13/15 - MMC 7/1/14 - D&E 7/2/14 
**All karyotyping negative, autoimmune panel negative, HSG & Hysteroscopy show nothing wrong with ute**

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Success after unexplained infertility diagnosis? (From TTCAL)

• SciChickSciChick member
    edited August 2014
    First of all, I am so sorry for your losses. 

Second, I would say wait until the other tests for the rarities come back. My RE did all of them in one set. In fact, I remember doing the repeat loss testing and they took 15 vials of blood there were so many tests ordered. I tested negative for everything except for MTHFR, double copy and we did notice that my blood clotting factor was high, though no specific clotting disorder. It was a test that she said was not likely to come back positive but she wanted to check everything just to be sure. I ended up giving myself Lovenox injections daily from ovulation, taking Neevo DHA (with folate instead of folic acid), and did Progesterone throughout the first trimester and that did the trick. Prior to my daughter being born I had three losses, one of them at the start of the second trimester. 

So, it's not exactly what you were asking since we did have an answer but if you haven't yet received the results I'd say hang on. I know that there will be others out there with unexplained fertility that may be able to ask your specific question too. Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you, so much @SciChick ! I really appreciate the information and you taking the time to read this. I meet with my RE tomorrow again, so hopefully the blood clotting & gene mutation bw has come back.

**Formerly kvillano82**
    **DX - Unexplained IF**
    Femara 5/14/14-5/18/14 IUI 5/23/14 - BFP#2 on 6/6/14 & EDD 2/13/15 - MMC 7/1/14 - D&E 7/2/14 
    **All karyotyping negative, autoimmune panel negative, HSG & Hysteroscopy show nothing wrong with ute**

• Loading the player...
  • I'm lurking from pgal.

So you've had bloodwork done. Have you had any structural testing -- checking to see what your ute looks like?

Also, why are you doing iui with femara? Did the cysts from the clomid mess with ovulation?

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• **siggy warning***

I'm sorry for your losses. IF and loss together really sucks, as if each one by itself isn't bad enough.

Has your RE done a full work up including HSG, ultrasound etc. to rule out uterine abnormalities? I would ask for that for sure.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• I am sorry for your losses and I will agree with what the PPs have said and wait to get all of the results and such back.

I do have a story but it isn't from me. My Mom was diagnosed with unexplained infertility a few years after I was born. They had rounds of IUIs and IFV but nothing took, but she spontaneously conceived two children years later. ((Hugs))

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @KMW08 & BootsOrHearts - Hi ladies & thank you!! Yes, I should have mentioned that. I have had an HSG and hysteroscopy…both were perfect. No ute abnormalities. Just waiting on the "rare" blood disorders/gene mutation blood work. About the Femara vs Clomid question - all I know is the Clomid made small cysts form on my ovaries, which caused pain during sex. The Femara (which I am being told is less harsh & recently the "go-to" med for IF) does work for us.  RE gave us the option of Femara with or w/o IUI…the IUI is included in the "package deal" that our RE offers for patients that have insurance that doesn't cause IF treatment, so we did it!

@mattsgirl2004 - it's so great to hear that you are holding on to your rainbow after all that you have been though!! Thank you :)

@Serenia - That's so funny how that works…even out moms went through this stuff, but they didn't have all of the info that we have now. Glad it worked out ;)
    **Formerly kvillano82**
    **DX - Unexplained IF**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"