January 2015 Moms
Options

Snoring and one irritated husband

Hello Ladies!!

It started a couple weeks ago; the incessant snoring. I felt like I was on the verge of getting a cold, and chalked it up to my body's immune system response. However, the snoring hasn't stopped. The hubby woke up at 4:30 this morning complaining about my snoring and I was so mortified, I went and layed down on the couch. I'm 20 weeks along, and see the doc tomorrow for a sonogram and monthly check.

After doing some research, I've discovered many many possibilities for this to happen, including gestational diabetes. This bothers me. Anyone else going through this?

Re: Snoring and one irritated husband

• Options
    Haha that was SOOO the reasoning behind the slammed door and cold shoulder this morning. ;) He apologized over and over, and I made it very clear he gets the couch tonight if he can't handle my snoring.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DH claimed that I snored during my first pregnancy. I had a dry and stuffy nose for most of the 2nd and 3rd trimester, so I figured that was the cause. Sometimes using saline drops/spray helps?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It is a dry and almost burning feeling when I breathe. Also, I wake up with a sore throat every morning from snoring. It's super annoying. I was going to try the saline spray and maybe some breathe right nose strip things. See how that goes.
  • Options

I snored most of my first pregnancy, I promise, MY ass was NEVER the one on the couch!

I think a lot of women snore during pregnancy, the nasal membranes swell thanks to our lovely hormones.  I've never heard about it being related to GD.  But I could understand finding a correlation.  Overweight people are at higher risk of GD and overweight poeple also have higher chance of snoring.

• Options
    Oh, the pregnant snoring. Can't wait for that to start happening again. I had it bad with my daughter, but was practically single at that point so it didn't matter, and FI sleeps like the dead so it never bothered him with DS, thank goodness... I hate when it wakes me up, though!
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You ladies are fantastic. I feel a helluva lot better knowing that a) I'm not the only snorer, and b) that I can feel good about kicking hubby to the couch. :)
  • Options
    DH snores and has mild sleep apnea. He uses the extra strong breathe right strips and he sleeps slightly elevated. It has helped a lot. You could also try running a cool mist humidifier to help with the dryness. DH knows better than to complain about me snoring while pregnant. That's the least they can endure while we have to go through so much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never snored until I was pregnant with my daughter, I wouldn't worry about it too much, just tell your husband to learn to like the couch if he doesn't like the snoring :D
  • Options
    Dh complained about my snoring last time... But I am a snorer to begin with so pregnancy just made it worse
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I snored when he met me, he does it too, sometimes. He says it hasnt been bad (stopped) lately, sometimes it has woken me up. He could have our very comfy couch if he couldnt take it, but he sleeps pretty well when I dont smack him in the head (on accident!) Im sorry your DH made you feel bad about it. I hope he gets it that if he woke up, he can move.... you are sleeping for 2!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I snored during my first pregnancy. I found propping up my head/neck/shoulders helped, especially since I have a tendency to roll onto my back.
  • Options
    lol! I haven't had this complaint yet...what about if I am now a psycho light sleeper and now his snoring just drives me up a wall...I am usually hitting him and telling him to shut up!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"