Pregnant after 35

Unpopular Opinion Thursday

Haven't seen that one on here yet... :) let's hear them ladies!

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thursday

• @harmonicbabe26  I never liked it when it first came out but started warming up to it later. Then the other night I was sitting at a church event and it was EVERYWHERE on women. Pants, tops, purses. And just yesterday I saw a lady wearing a tank I have. I think it is time to make a goodwill trip. ;)

Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • looked at my first pregnancy magazine yesterday and was disgusted with all the products they claim you need for your baby. Some of them were really absurd! Like this lotus blossom baby tub! A) it's made out of fabric and probably takes and eternity to dry and will most likely end up moldy and B) Why? just why?
  • OH NO!  I have that LOLOL

I used it approx. 2 times but had to stop because sink was too big so the kiddos WOULD find just the spot it wasn't covering to SLAM their heads into the marble.  Yea not good.

But it did dry fast (air dry in dryer) and didn't mold.... :)

• I hate flip flops. 

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• @topaz7777‌ so far they're a lifesaver for me. But I do hate feet. lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @topaz7777‌ so far they're a lifesaver for me. But I do hate feet. lol

I trip over flip flops or walk right out of them.  I don't understand them at all.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

IUI#2 BFP!

•  What is this nosefreda snot sucker people keep raving about? I mean, how much snot do their kids make?

I have 5 kids and typically just wiped their noses, or used the bulb thingy the hospital give out. But I only used that a handful of times. Is snot a real concern these days?
  • I secretly question vaccines.

I KNO I KNO - SCIENCE

• OMG Nosefrieda is awesomesauce!

if you can get over the kind of grossness, you suck out their snot (I had 2 in March and they both had colds and green snot that would NOT have been sucked out by that bulb thing)

Also it's really germy you're only supposed to use the bulb like once and then toss it cause you can't clean the inside....

•  What is this nosefreda snot sucker people keep raving about? I mean, how much snot do their kids make?

I have 5 kids and typically just wiped their noses, or used the bulb thingy the hospital give out. But I only used that a handful of times. Is snot a real concern these days?
    I love my nosefreda. lol  when DD had a cold as an infant she was so congested she couldn't sleep and the bulb thing barely did anything.  That snot sucker is so effective sometimes I wish they made them for grownups. lol  It's pretty hard to get past the whole 'I'm sucking the snot out of my kids nose' thing though.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

IUI#2 BFP!

Hah this is funny. In Europe where my DD was born they don't use bulbs they just have the snot suckers. We lived in Geneva and in French that's called a mouche bebe. I find it really hilarious that here it is such a novelty and exotic item. Over there, it's the most common thing for a baby and the only nose cleaner they have... It works GREAT! No way you'd have this much suction with a bulb...
  • I have never heard of this contraption before. Just looked it up. I am both intrigued and a bit grossed out.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Holy moly! I just looked it up too. I am totally weirded out lol. I do agree that the hospital bulb thing was awkward. I always felt like I would stab dd's brain (ok not really but....). I used another brand of bulb with a much shorter tip that worked great. I'm not sure how I feel about sucking it out myself, filter or not!

So much has changed in the 10 years since I had dd. I kind of feel like a ftm!
  • mandyreadsmandyreads member
    edited August 2014
    I feel like it would be the equivalant of siphoning gas. but I think I want to buy one and give it a go. maybe I will put it on my list for must haves.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• There is a filter so there is absolutely NO chance of you sucking any snot into your own mouth :)

Trust me- it is awesome.  We used the bulb with our first and it worked fine, but didn't always get everything so we had to keep resucking his nose.  We switched to the nosefreda and it works so much better especially when he is really congested.  I was pretty sad when he no longer let us use it b/c now we are back to constantly wiping his nose.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This thread has taken on a life of its own.. lol

TMI warning:

I had a couple of Nigerian friends in college, and in their particular subculture, the moms would go mouth-to-nose to suck out the baby's snot.  I wish I were joking.
  • Ahahahhaha that is nasty lol @NeonNoon‌
    Pregnancy Ticker

• First, I'm laughing hysterically about snot-sucking chevron patterns. I totally agree on the chevron. I saw a thing on Pinterest which said "Remember, ladies, today's chevron pattern is tomorrow's floral wallpaper and shag carpet." So true.

I'm sick of anything with the word 'ombre.' Once I found a throw pillow or blanket or something that I loved, then I saw 'ombre' in the title and opted not to get it for that reason. I'm also sick of all the handprint and footprint artwork. And Elf on the Shelf. Don't get me started with that creep.

Obviously I spend too much time on Pinterest.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Ohhhhhh I HATE Elf on the Shelf!!! What ever happened with 'Santa knows who's been naughty or nice'?? When I was a kid that was enough. Yeah we will NOT be doing that with our kids...
  • we have never done Elf on the Shelf. I barely can find enough time to breath let alone take a million pics of a naughty Elf. UGH!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• UGH Elf on the shelf is the WORST!!!

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

IUI#2 BFP!

• I see elf on the shelf all over and don't even know what the heck he is? Lol...I'll just read 'twas the night before....and if your mean you'll get coal...hahaha..jk
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • alexesq33alexesq33 member
    edited August 2014

@neonnoon I just barfed in my mouth thx :-&

lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"