September 2013 Moms

Requesting Advice- Selling Your Crafts

bossmom11bossmom11 member
edited August 2014 in September 2013 Moms
All this birthday craftiness got me thinking..... I searched through threads and I noticed some of you have Etsy stores or sell your crafts. I am a SAHM and want to start making extra income by selling crafts. I am in the early stages of thinking of how to go about this and thought I would see if any of you have advice for a newbie like me? I haven't decided what exactly I will sell because right now I go on Pinterest find a tutorial and make it for my DD and that's it. TIA :)
Lily Michaella       ~BFP 12-31-13      ~EDD 9-7-13       ~Lily was born 9-7-13 
Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Requesting Advice- Selling Your Crafts

• People always say to me oh you should sell that (tutu's, hair bows, ruffle scarves) but when I look on Etsy it seems like everyone already is. So I am worried I will "invest" in making a small inventory to take pictures for listings and then not sell. I guess that is my biggest fear. 
    Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Awesome thanks for the advice! Last night I had the "ah ha" moment and came up with my idea and tons of products to do it with. My brain just exploded with craftiness but the lack of sleep is going to hurt me today :(

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @CurlingRocks thanks for the heads up! I know it will take a lot of time and work. I have a friend who has become very successful on Etsy but it has taken 3 years for her to be able to do it "full time" quit her office job and be a nanny instead. 

** Is this thread okay as far as not advertising or linking as long as I don't name my shop? 

@jojo112 thanks for the advice, I haven't thought through it that much yet. I am going to start pricing out start up costs now and go from there. I am going to take @Jnetx advice and start making the items for events coming up and hope people like what I do :)

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"