Babies: 0 - 3 Months

FTM-stitches torn open

Posted on my BMB but looking for additonal input. I had my baby girl on 8/1 and sustained a second degree tear which was closed with two layers of sutures. I looked last week and everything was sewn up and looking pretty good. I checked again last night (not sure why I was so curious to look!!) and my perineal incision has completely torn open. I will be calling my OB in the morning. Anyone had this happen? My train of thought is that I would like to be restitched and put back together! Thanks in advance for any input!

Re: FTM-stitches torn open

• @aggiecyd‌ I went ahead and called the Dr on call who told me I would need to be seen first thing in the am. Mine isn't just a couple stitches...the whole area is busted wide open. Eek. He told me the same thing-they may not re-suture at this point so I'll have to wait and see. :(
  • I just got back from the OB. My superficial stitches did come out but the two other layers beneath are still intact. He promised me the superficial skin will heal normally even though it looks a little scary right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yikes! I'm sorry!!!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"