April 2014 Moms
Options

Baby Clothes

So I have found that I absolutely love baby clothes (buying, shopping, etc).  What is your favorite brand?  What do you like to put LO in most often?  What's your favorite type of clothing to buy/dress them in?

Is there anything crazy you got as gifts for LO that you won't put them in?

Re: Baby Clothes

• Options
    mbethmcgillmbethmcgill member
    edited August 2014
    I'm boring, cheap and casual. My guy wears lots of onsies. Shorts to dress it up
  • Options
    We received a lot of hand-me-downs so we haven't bought much.  But Carter's onesies seem to fit DS the best because they're nice and long.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Carters. Doesn't matter if it's from carters, Target or Walmart, as long as it is Carters brand...it's good. Fir the same reason as PP, they are long. DD is long than she is wide, so it makes it a tad difficult with other brands, because they tend to be wider, and not long enough.
  • Options
    Carters also! I love the rompers, they're so easy!
  • Options
    I loved (and still love) Carters and Old Navy for my DD. Sadly, neither fit DS well at all. He wears a lot of Baby Gap.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    I like Tea Collection, Zara and H&M....that is what I bought for DD#1 and DD#2 wears nothing but hand me downs.  I think I have only bought 1 sweater for her haha!
  • Options
    I love Gymboree, too. Most of their current clothes were shower gifts and lots of Carters brand. I love my girls in dresses or matching top/bottom outfits. Even though simple onesies are more practical, I think they're boring and look "underwear-ish" to me. I usually add pants/shorts or at least a headband.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    I agree with everyone Carter's is awesome! If we are hanging out at home Baby Girl will wear a onesie.

Out in public we with either add a denium skirt or shorts to our onesie or wear a bubble or romper.

For church we wear dresses and most of those come from Dillard's. Mom and MIL buy those on sale for me.
  • Options
    It seems like Carter's is all you can find these days! They have tons of cute stuff, but I try to mix it up with items from H&m, Gap, and Gymboree as well. I also love Naartjie for funky outfits and American Aparel for cotton basics.
  • Options
    Gymboree, gap, and Carter's are the usual go to's. I have a small obsession with Tea clothing, and try to only buy on sale or through consignment
  • Options
    Old Navy here!
  • Options
    DS wears Carter's and Gymboree 99% of the time. I like Carter's for the summer, their button down rompers are easy and they don't look like pajamas. Gymboree is good for the fall and winter!
    ~Allyson 6 & Ellianna 5~
    ~Team green turned Blue on 4/6/14~
  • Options
    Tea and Mini Boden are my two favorite splurges, although their girl stuff is cuter than the boy's. I can't wait for DS to be sitting up more so I can buy some Boden sets!
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    Carter's and baby gap
  • Options
    Another vote for Carter's and Gymboree here! Carter's because it seems to run a little narrow, which works for my skinny guy, and Gymboree because it's so stinking cute and seems to hold up really well. I also like Janie and Jack, but it's expensive so I tend to reserve that for dress clothes and things Aiden won't wear to daycare.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Another vote for Carter's due to DS' length. I do also love Gap for their banded cotton pants. Old Navy also has them, they're the only ones that fit snug in the waist and are long enough. Luckily we got a crap ton of hand me downs so I only had to buy a couple of things to cover the season.

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Options
    I'm a really big fan of Carter's for the torso length too.  His Old Navy and Gerber and Osh Kosh outfits all get too small too quickly because of his long torso.  But I'm excited to hear of these other baby clothing companies, I need more websites to stalk/shop!
  • Options
    I bought a ton of different brands way before i ever got pregnant and they all work on baby girl. I love osh kosh! Carters is great, baby gap, old navy, circo, timberland, children's place, and gymboree.
    my mil bought some target brand outfits that were ok cute but after one washing were all faded so I won't buy from there, I also got some onesies and o dont remember the brand but I resold them on ebay, They were not cute. Didn't receive anything hideous, just stuff I didn't care for.
  • Options
    I love Zara and the scandinavian brands 4 Funky Flavors and Smafolk. JCP had a nice Ted Baker line but their discontinuing it. :( I've also bought Jack some cute vintage clothes on Etsy, I just bought him a pair of dusty blue vintage cowboy printed corduroy pants with fringe down the seams.
  • Options
    I shop consignment, but my mom bought DD some brand new outfits. Out of what she bought, I liked the Jumping Beans brand best. Carter's has nice stuff but it continually seems too small for her. I live near the city of Oshkosh so I'm hoping they'll have a big Osh Kosh b'Gosh store there - I practically grew up in their clothes and would like to get her some! ^_^

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    Tea is my splurge. Totally my style and I love it all! Shop the sales, though. Also love Gap for basics, even though they fit a little wide on my skinny baby. Osh Kosh is classic and cute. Old Navy never fit her, which means I have a closet full of stuff I bought on clearance before she was born that she'll never wear. Guess I'm going to go to a consignment shop.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    We do mostly Carters with some baby gap thrown in. My guy is long and lean too. 99% of the time he's in a onesie with shorts/pants since he spends his days at daycare and they try to do activities. Plus now that he's eating solids/getting it everywhere, I'd rather not spend $$ on something he's going to ruin with carrots. 
    If we're going out I'll put him in a polo with shorts/pants or a collard romper
    ~Chrissy 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"