January 2014 Moms
Options

hylands baby products

Has anyone used any of them? Teething tablets? Cough syrup? Cold tablets?. Ive been having an ongoing discussion with my sister and her SIL about their products. My sister is totally against all of them, her SIL uses teething tablets all the time. Just wondering what you ladies thought? Ive have not personally used any of their products.

Re: hylands baby products

• Options
    I like them a lot. We used teething tablets with DS, and it worked for us. I've used colic tablets (for gas) with DD and it helped a little. I believe the controversy is due to belladonna. I've done my research and feel comfortable giving it to my kids in small doses. Actually, my DS once ingested almost half a bottle of teething tablets when he was 2, when my parents were watching him. I called poison control center and they were basically like, yeah, it's fine even if he finished the whole bottle. They just said it doesn't really work.
  • Options
    I have no idea what any of the ingredients are, id actually have to sit down and look them up. @hannahyejee‌ im glad your DS was okay im sure that was scary.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

We use the teething tablets.  Whatever ingredient it is that works it's just enough to calm him down so he can sleep. 

I think the big controversy is the belladonna. But to me it's like any other pain killer/sleeping pill.  It is a poison in very high doses but a sedative in very low doses.  Belladonna is naturally occuring though vs. normal painkillers that are synthetically derived.

Some quick research shows that the dose of Belladonna Alkaloids in the teething tablets is SUPER low compared to dosing suggestions for children.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have used the teething tabs and the cold relief  - both worked for me.  I say try it or not - its up to you.  I dont see them as unsafe though (obviously). 

• Options
    We use their teething tablets as well as teething gel, works for immediate relief but I also use Tylenol for the really tough days and general cranky malaise
  • Options
    sehudson821sehudson821 member
    edited August 2014
    Teething tabs here! They seem to comfort him just enough to sleep and I don't have to pump him full of Tylenol. Although I use it when it gets really bad!

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We use the teething tabs. I'm not convinced how much they work for pain relief or if it's just a distraction.

I didn't intend to use them but DH brought some home from the store at the suggestion of a family member. I looked into the recall for high levels of belladonna in the past and decided I was ok with using them now. However we use them only occasionally and she only gets 1 at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"