Indiana Babies

OMG! Kathy had her baby!! (so far so good)

I just got this email from Ryan, Kathy's husband. So far so good, but send all your T&P!

As of 9:23am (that's the time on the clock I saw, but I haven't seen the official certificate yet) yesterday (12/30/2008) we had a new addition to our family!  Andrew Ryan was born at just ~26.5 weeks, and is doing well.  He is pretty small at 2lbs 3oz, but is a really good weight and size for his age.  (Considerably bigger than most babies at that age.)  He'll be living in the NICU for awhile, and although we're preparing for a rollercoaster ride, he's got a really good chance to get through just fine.  I have some pictures from today, and I haven't had a chance to get them off of the camera.  Look for some pictures in the coming days.  The little footprints look just like Kathy's, with the 2nd toe being the longest of the bunch.  :-)

Kathy is doing great as well!  She was on bedrest in the hospital for over two weeks, is now officially the toughest person I know, and my new hero.  Watching her tackle this with confidence and determination was truly inspiring.  She's taking a nap as I write this, and we'll most likely be discharged from the hospital within the next few days.

For those of you at our respective workplaces, we'll make more formal announcements in the future, so please try not to spread this news.  The rest of you, please blab all you want.  :-)  It's taken some time to soak in just how great this is, but it's finally starting to settle out and we couldn't be more excited!!

The one thing I will ask of all of you, is to please pray for Andrew, as we wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the Lord's help.  He's been great to us and we pray every day that He continues to watch out for Andrew as he is thrust into this challenge so early on.  We're optimistic in the outcome, but Andrew is going to need the Lord's strength to make it through.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: OMG! Kathy had her baby!! (so far so good)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"