Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check-in 8/13

I was wondering if you all preferred it if the Weekly Check-in were moved to Fridays in place of Wednesdays.  Since the Grad Check-in on the TTC>35 is on Tuesdays, there would be some extra time to report new tests you've had or symptoms in the interim?  I have no problem keeping it as is.
1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2) Age at delivery? (optional)

3) Any other children? Furbabies?

4) How are you feeling?

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?

QOTW:  Have you read any good books (or watched good movies) recently?  What are they and why?

Re: Weekly Check-in 8/13

• I am good with whenever. That may be good so ppl can report on any Dr appts that week.

1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? Jan16 17w4d Onion

2) Age at delivery? 36

3) Any other children? Furbabies? 3 girls and my sweet doggy.

4) How are you feeling? Really good.

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? U/s to confirm sex next week. School starts for my girls Monday.

QOTW: Have you read any good books (or watched good movies) recently? What are they and why? Ahh. A question I love. I love to read and even review books mainly for self pub/indie authors. But since becoming preggo I fall asleep and had to cut back. Outlander book and tv show are my faves this year though. Need recommendations? Just ask!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) due date 1/19-20/2015 re said 19th, ob said 20th! Lol..17 weeks 2 days..mango/ onion! 2)age at delivery? 42 3) any other children/fur babies ? One ds 29 months and one doggie 4) pretty good got some energy back to actually clean house and visit out of state family:) 5) upcoming appts, milestones, rants? Appt August 25th. Suppose to start shots p 17 but neurologist had me discuss it further with midwife now in limbo until Friday. She wants to discuss it with high risk ob...risk of seizures and migraine which I have both...but controlled.... QOTW ? Read any good books or movies. No but I'm hooked on the tv show blacklist (coming back in September ) yay! And the show castle!! Lol
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • mdogan29mdogan29 member
    edited August 2014
    Glad to hear about everyone's updates! 

March 18th, 2015, 9 weeks today, green olive

1 doggie 2 kitties

4) How are you feeling?
    Pretty moody, wasn't sure I even felt like filling this out today, but reading everyone else's responses brought me joy. The morning sickness was horrible the past week or so, but been feeling a tiny bit better past 2 days. Extremely sore and really hot boobs! And the veins are coming in, huge blue veins... I'm quite pale, so they're easy to see.

Nothing exciting this week, next Wed is my 10 week ultrasound + mat21 test, and I am looking forward to that! I'm nervous today since my symptoms seem lessened all of a sudden, my OB told me to use that as a good indicator between ultrasounds, guess I'd rather be sick knowing everything is okay. Weirdo.

QOTW:  Have you read any good books (or watched good movies) recently?  What are they and why?  I have really bad ADD, so I have trouble focusing on reading, especially now with being pregnant, the concentration has been really hard (especially trying to get my work done!), so haven't read anything lately, but did see a really fun movie last weekend... my husband is a super geek and has a ton of comic books, so he's been looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy and I wasn't too sure how I'd like it, but it was a really fun movie, especially if you're used to comic book movies. I'd recommend it! :)

---- Oh! And the day we do this doesn't matter to me so much... I kind of liked it on Wednesdays, but only b/c that was the day I turned the next week (today 9 weeks), but Friday would be great for everyone to share how their appts went! Good idea @mandyreads!

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm indifferent about which day so whatever is fine with me!

October 13- 31 w 2d

36, DH is 42

DS is 2 1/2 (will turn 3 right after baby brother arrives), our puppy is 4 1/2 mo

4) How are you feeling?
    Great.  I'm getting big now so it is a little harder to move and definitely harder to bend, but I feel fine.  My bp and blood sugar have been super low, but I haven't had any unusual symptoms.

I had an appointment with my MW on Monday and official start going every 2 weeks now, which is crazy. 

QOTW:  Have you read any good books (or watched good movies) recently?  What are they and why?  Currently reading Ina May Gaskin's Childbirth book, which is a must read for anyone who wants to have a drug free/low intervention birth. 
    Movies- I took our son to his first movie (Planes) a few weeks ago and he loved it.  It is cute if you like Disney cartoons.  We saw Guardians of the Galaxy on Sunday and it was really good- definitely geeky, comic bookish, but not so out there that a non comic book person wouldn't get it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @NeonNoon - right on! We're miserable together! ;) .. my house is a mess too, but not because anyone is working in it, it's b/c I've been too tired and sick to clean and my husband isn't really bothered by it, so he'll just step over stuff and let it slide until I complain about it... I really hope no one decides to drop by for a visit ... :-S he has been doing dishes every 4-5 days and a load of laundry at least 1x/wk, so I guess I've been trying to be lenient, but I want to start getting the baby room ready (which is full of crap - our overflow room) which means we'll have to clean every other room to move stuff around.............. somebody just shoot me!  :((

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 28 weeks today. According to doctor, baby is around 2 lbs, 13 oz. So, whatever fruit or veggie is that size. How about a honeydew melon?

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 43 is the new 33.

3) Any other children? Furbabies? two dogs

4) How are you feeling? Round and tired, but otherwise okay

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? I was supposed to take the glucose test today and completely forgot. Woops. Otherwise, growth ultrasound has the kid in the 61% percentile, and I'm officially in the third trimester. 

QOTW:  Have you read any good books (or watched good movies) recently?  What are they and why? Sadly, no. I read for a few minutes on my Ipad and am out cold.

Me: 42, DH: 40; Surprise BFP 4/27/2011; no heartbeat at 9w3d, we miss you, Baby Manatee; D&C 6/1/2011; AF returned 6/26/2011; Ready to try for our take-home baby. 7/24/2011--BFP! Peanut born March 2012; BFP: 7/31/2013!; blighted ovum at 7 weeks 8/26/2013. Holy Cannoli! BFP 2/23/2014. EDD 11/6/2014!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? Due date 12/31/2014, 20 weeks 4 days, bannana

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 39

3) Any other children? Furbabies? 2 furbabies, 1 pug rocky and 1 cat moby

4) How are you feeling? I am feeling pretty good. Just recovering from hernia surgery from 3 weeks ago but LO is doing well. Have to get back to walking daily. 

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? I just had my 20 week a/s on Wednesday. We are having a boy and all the parts are there. I am waiting on the official word from my ob but so far so good. The tech said he weighed 18oz and I had to asked my husband and he said that is what she said. He seemed kind of large for 20 weeks but maybe he is just going through a growth spurt. 

QOTW:  Have you read any good books (or watched good movies) recently?  What are they and why? I finally watched the Conjuring. I thought it was great but I like these type of movies. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow that sounds tough @path75 - hernia surgery and a cold.  Hope you recover well and fast.

There seems to be a marginal preference for Friday check-ins and no objections.  So, the next check-in will be on Friday.
  • 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? Due date is April 9th, I am 6 weeks and the baby is the size of a sweet pea.

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 41

3) Any other children? Furbabies? DS turned 2 the beginning of August.  2 dogs (English Bulldog and Brussels Griffon) and 2 cats.

4) How are you feeling? Actually, I'm feeling really good.  My boobs are still sore, but the MS has subsided...it's almost gone.  I don't know how I feel about that.  I am still early in the pregnancy, so that may not be a good sign.  I know they can go away and everything still be fine, but with my past history, who knows...

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? I have yet to schedule my first appointment yet because I have to change doctors.  I know, I know...that is just an excuse.  I will schedule it soon though...like today or tomorrow.

QOTW:  Have you read any good books (or watched good movies) recently?  What are they and why? Before DS was born, DH and I used to go to the movie theater and watch movies.  It was our thing.  Since he was born, we have seen maybe 3 movies at the theater.  A few weeks ago, we watched the latest Transformers movie.  I wouldn't say it was a great movie, but it was entertaining and it had Mark Wahlburg in it...that is enough for me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? Due date is April 12th I think my first Dr apt is next week. I am 6 weeks.

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 38

3) Any other children? Furbabies? I have 3 girls. One beagle, one calico cat, 7 fish and right now 6 monarch caterpillars! The caterpillars will be doing there chrysalis soon!

4) How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good, just bloated bad!! I little sick to tummy sometimes and hungry!

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? My first appointment is next week. I can not wait!

QOTW:  Have you read any good books (or watched good movies) recently?  What are they and why? Sadly no...I don't get to watch much TV/Movies or have time to read. When the TV is on the girls are watching cartoons. Lol! I was crazy about the TV show Revenge, just got Hulu so I could watch last season. Lol!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @topaz7777...ain't that the truth about the April BMB.  I have tried a couple of times to read some items on that board and I just can't.  All I can think about is, "These people are procreating and passing those nasty, snarky genes on..."  Then, I'm like..."Hey Pot...meet Kettle...because my thinking that is just as bad, right?"  By definition, it may not be bullying, but it is rude and lack of respect.  Okay, backing into my hole...so I can wash my granny panties and bake cookies...like a good little AMA that just shakes her head at the younger generations.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • topaz7777jcdorsey74 Lol! Yes! Yay for April babies! I always wanted a spring baby :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• @BabyBliss76, @jcdorsey74 has it right.  If you are into watching reality tv, as April 2015 turns is entertaining and a good time waster.  I won't be looking for advice there.  I've never been so happy to be AMA lol

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• I am so scared to venture back over to the Jan15 group. In fact this is the only group I go to. I lurked on the 2nd trimester one and it was the same as the birth month. Apparently it is like that on all sites though. A friend of mine said the BabyCenter one was crude and rude as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • I was on Babycenter with my last and there was some crazy chics in my birth month group. Lol! I guess it does have something to do with age, or some people are just wack! I don't think I was like that when I was in my 20's. I was also taught to have respect for people. Plus it is easy to be nasty to someone over the computer, but I bet half those girls would not have the balls to do it to your face.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I haven't even ventured over to the April BMB board, or many others at all on this site. It sounds like April is like the rest of them. I had some luck with the breastfeeding board with my first baby. I don't remember being like that in my 20s. Then again, was the internet around then? haha. Of course it was, but not to the degree we use it now.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"