Parenting after a Loss

Care dot com users come in!

We're trying to find a weekend sitter. We used to have a friend watch LO every other weekend but she moved away recently. I got the one month subscription and posted a job but sorting through the list is so overwhelming. Sure you can do the background check on someone and meet with them ahead of time but how do you really know you can trust someone? I know I need to get it sorted out this week I just don't know where or how to start. 

If you've hired a nanny or a sitter through this or another site, please give me some tips! 
**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

Re: Care dot com users come in!

• I was hired as a nanny through this site about 6 years ago. They did the background check and everything. I had a phone interview with them, then a face to face interview, then met the babies (twins) so they could observe my interaction with them for about an hour, then I spent a whole day with them with mom. We went grocery shopping, helped with naps, bottles and meals, etc. The family was very thorough and I still maintain a great relationship with them today. It was a lot of time for me to potentially not even get the job, but they paid for all time spent with the babies even when mom was present and I appreciated how much time they spent to trust and get to know me. I knew I would be working for a good family.

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
    Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
    BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"