Iowa Babies

Anyone here have BCBS Blue Choice Insurance?

I was verifying my benefits the other day and was told by my insurance that only 1 ultrasound is covered/per pregnancy unless it is medically necessary.  They representative I talked to claimed that the 1st gestational dating u/s at 8 weeks is the only one covered that the NT scan and 20-week Anatomy/quad scan (see called it the gender scan) are routine and not covered. 

Did anyone have issues getting theirs covered?  How many u/s do you get during your pregnancy?

TIA!
Dating 3.14.04
Engaged 3.13.10
Married 6.25.11
EDD 4.15.15

"All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone here have BCBS Blue Choice Insurance?

• I have BCBS of Texas (employer's based in TX) and I'm pretty sure I get those two scans covered. I didn't do the NT scan, so I'm not totally sure on that one.  I had basically the same coverage last pregnancy (in 2011) so I'm just assuming - hopefully not incorrectly - that it would all stay the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @musicgal05  Thanks for the info!  I don't know that we'll do the NT scan either, but I was hoping that I misunderstood about coverage for the Anatomy/Anomaly scan at 20 weeks.  In my mind, there's no way it's not "medically necessary". 
    Dating 3.14.04
    Engaged 3.13.10
    Married 6.25.11
    EDD 4.15.15

"All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"