January 2014 Moms
Options

Poopy pity party

The title was originally "feel my poop pain" but it sounded so wrong.

Anyways, my once every 1-3 days pooper has now pooped every hour or two since 6am and has developed a painful rash because of it. :(

What do you and your baby need pity for today?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

Re: Poopy pity party

• Options
    Oh no :( I hope your LO is feeling better soon.

• Options
    LO just stood up in the bathtub and slipped. He banged his head pretty hard and has a big red mark now.

Sorry your LO has a tummy/poopy problem.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    painttheair14painttheair14 member
    edited August 2014
    Thanks! I am blaming it on teething, even though I see no teeth yet. I blame everything on teething.

I feel so bad for him every diaper change though! Ouch!

Eta: @SandFHasse‌ poor guy!

• Options
    @PaintTheAir‌ , Aw! We had a day like that! No fun. Ours was due to pears, I swear every diaper that next day had at least a skidmark if not more in it.

I'm pity-partying that I want a day-off, I'm loving being home with dd but somehow weekends are the hardest because I'm hopeful dh will take on baby duty but he ends up swamped with other chores and so i get crabby. Oh to be the one that gets to mow the lawn!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    JGjocelyn said:

@PaintTheAir‌ , Aw! We had a day like that! No fun. Ours was due to pears, I swear every diaper that next day had at least a skidmark if not more in it.

I'm pity-partying that I want a day-off, I'm loving being home with dd but somehow weekends are the hardest because I'm hopeful dh will take on baby duty but he ends up swamped with other chores and so i get crabby. Oh to be the one that gets to mow the lawn!!

It's funny how division of labor works with a baby!

• Options
    My lo has six month shots yesterday so it's not a good day today, DH is home with him today and woke up to a boil water order which he didn't know about until I called him to make sure he knew. He was about to feed lo with a bottle he just cleaned in the bad water! My boy already has diarrhea from the rotavirus so that would've been horrible to deal with.
  • Options
    we just went through this. go buy some tucks wipes!!!!!!!! it makes her feel so much better and doesn't hurt to wipe. i also did tons of maximum strength desitin.
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • Options
    painttheair14painttheair14 member
    edited August 2014
    Cara1024 said:

we just went through this. go buy some tucks wipes!!!!!!!! it makes her feel so much better and doesn't hurt to wipe. i also did tons of maximum strength desitin.

We have been slathering on the Grandma El's. Luckily, the poops have calmed down. If the rash isn't looking better by the end of the night, I'll look into those wipes! Right now we use cloth and I know that terry cloth isn't helping even though we try to be gentle.

@rgoblue‌ :(

• Options
    DS has barely napped today, he's so cranky and overtired. Oh and he's teething so he's also spitting up a ton.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    JGjocelyn said:
    @PaintTheAir‌ , Aw! We had a day like that! No fun. Ours was due to pears, I swear every diaper that next day had at least a skidmark if not more in it. I'm pity-partying that I want a day-off, I'm loving being home with dd but somehow weekends are the hardest because I'm hopeful dh will take on baby duty but he ends up swamped with other chores and so i get crabby. Oh to be the one that gets to mow the lawn!!
    Next time just go mow the lawn. When I need a baby-break and DH is "too busy" I always tell him I'll "give him a break" from the physical labor--and give myself a mental break while I'm at it!
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

• Options

This just happened to us about 2 weeks ago. I had to stay home with DS one day where he was pooping sometimes twice in one hour and got bad diaper rash. It's definitely the teething. His 2 bottoms popped through within a few days of pooping a lot and it finally slowed down after they came up.
    I actually used Viva paper towels for his bottom. Just wet them with water, it helped a lot. DS has sensitive skin too. Hope your LO gets better. Hang in there.
  • Options
    Thanks @chicki1012‌

Luckily, the entire next day he didn't poop. That combined with frequent diaper changes and lots of Grandma El's did the trick. I'm curious to see if any teeth show their faces.

• Options
    Thanks @Babychuu‌ and @mcg1119‌ !!
    I do have a girls night scheduled for tomorrow evening and I am so excited!
    I realized later a big part of beig worn out is dd's crappy(literally) sleep this past week. I hadn't stopped to think about how much less sleep I'm getting than I was which totally does me in.
    Also, I keep offering to mow the lawn... But I'm pretty sure DH doesn't want me touching his new and babyed mower... That or he doesn't want to be trapped in the house for an hour w dd during her cranky-spell...

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"