May 2014 Moms
Options

Period is back / breastfeeding / baby 2 months old

I am breastfeeding. She had started slowing down on feeding last week. Feeding every two to three hours and for less time. Was eating ever hour to hour and half. I even pumped a few times because she was not eating as much and I started hurting. Then I started giving her a pacifier only when she was trying to fall asleep. I had to do this because I was falling asleep while holding her. Big no no.
There has only been a few nights where we feed past four hours because she and I slept for 5 or 6 hours.

Well she turn two months two days ago and I started my period! I am not happy this. I thought as long as you feed every two to three hours and let them suckle when they wanted this would not happen until the baby started eating solids.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I thought I just had my period two weeks ago, but I don't know.
This time it is definitely my period. I hope I will not be getting this every two weeks.

Re: Period is back / breastfeeding / baby 2 months old

• Options
    You probably just spotted due to ovulation two weeks ago. Did that not happen pre-pregnancy? You cannot have a period every two weeks. FWIW, i also heard that breast feeding delays ovulation, but I've also heard of a lot of women who are BFing and still got their first real period anyway.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think EBFing gauruntees no period, its all so personal. I EP and only pump 4 times a day and I still haven't gotten mine. I think it just depends on your hormones - everyone is different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    I EBF every 2 hrs or so, and got mine around 10 wks pp.
  • Options
    jenb_99 said:

I got mine at 7 weeks. Also EBF. It's not uncommon.

Yup same here. Got mine 6w pp exactly. Wasn't happy at all about it. It's very light and I only have to wear a liner. I noticed my supply dips a bit when I have my period but goes back after it's gone. Anyone else notice that?
  • Options
    Thanks for the input ladies.

I really
    Couldn't find anything on the web about getting this early. I hear at around five months and on.

I did read that milk supply does decrease some when you do have it and let the LO feed as much as they want during this time, like cluster feeding.
  • Options
    jenb_99 said:

Me too, exactly this. I have actually gotten it twice now. My doctor said not all women "nurse clean" and it's common to get your period back.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options

jenb_99 said:

Yup same here. Got mine 6w pp exactly. Wasn't happy at all about it. It's very light and I only have to wear a liner. I noticed my supply dips a bit when I have my period but goes back after it's gone. Anyone else notice that?
    My supply dips the day before and the first day. Mine is also light and short! I'm on the mini pill though which may contribute to the lightness.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    Got mine Sunday, 11.5 weeks pp. I just got my IUD put in the week before, so wondering if that's got anything to do with it or if it's just coincidence.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My sister just for hers at 5 weeks pp. her doctor did tell her she is very fertile to of gotten one so quick. Not sure if this is true or not.

• Options
    Well ladies it has been another two weeks And my period is back again. I did some research on the mini pill, which I taking because of the breastfeeding, and a lot of other people have the same thing happening.

They say it is breakthrough bleeding, but this is more like full period.
  • Options
    When I was bf-ing my girls, I still got my period at 2 months.  Hang in there.  You are doing great!

• Options
    CarriMatCarriMat member
    edited August 2014
    I got my first period at 4 1/2 weeks post partum. Ugh! At the time I was EBF. My dr said it's not uncommon. I am now 11 weeks pp and haven't had another. I think it's "normal" for your cycle to be abnormal while BF. Some are just lucky and others are not.
  • Options
    I started my period lightly yesterday and heavy flow today. I have also noticed a decrease in my supply which I didn't thin was happening until I started pumping today. I will give it a week on this mini pill and if my supply doesn't fix itself, I am going to get off the pill.

It's a BOY

• Options
    I got the mirena a few weeks ago and didnt have much bleeding until this past wednesday. Now I have had a really heavy flow for 3 days and I feel like crap!!!
  • Options
    I'll be 13 weeks PP Monday. EBF and not on any pill (using condoms). No period yet. I'm dreading it.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"