Babies on the Brain
Options

When did you first feel you were pregnant?

My friend recently found out she was pregnant but said that she "felt" like she was pregnant much sooner.  My husband and I are TTC and I was just wondering if anyone else had maybe a mother's intuition or feelings of being pregnant before actually confirming it with a test?

Re: When did you first feel you were pregnant?

• Options

Pregnancy symptoms are exactly the same as PMS symptoms.  So anyone that "knows" they're pregnant before they turn a positive test is really just taking a lucky guess.  Also, it isn't really possible to get a positive test before implantation, because that is what causes the hormones that make the test positive to exist...so anyone that "feels" pregnant, or says they have "symptoms" before they are able to get a positive test is probably also just a lucky guesser.  So in summary, since "intuition" is essentially just a lucky guess, no, i don't think it's actually possible.

i felt like i wasn't pregnant last month after i ovulated, and i wasn't.  does that count?  i mean i had a friend that felt like she wasn't pregnant and then she was, so this is probably just another lucky guessing scenario.

• Options
    I've "felt" pregnant at least 12 out of the last 18 months.  Nope. Turns out it was just PMS.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Every month that I thought I was pregnant, I wasn't.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I feel pregnant after any large meal.
    I look it...
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I think I'm pregnant every month.  Even when I don't have sex.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I did have what you may call intuition, just a feeling, no physical symptoms. I was walking down the street and sb approached me suddenly in an aggressive manner, which triggered a defensive mechanism. But instead of jumping out of the way or even raising my arms to protect my face, I instinctively covered my belly. I had never done that before, and a thought creeped into my head that I was pregnant. It is hard to explain, but I knew at that moment. It was back when I had no idea when to expect AF, so I had no other suspicions.
  • Options
    I had heartburn for the first time right before I got BFP. 
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options
    Well, it was only our first month of trying and our timing was way off because of traveling a lot. The 10 days or so between ovulation and test I felt sure we weren't pregnant because I know the odds are low of it happening immediately and our timing was off. We didn't have our hopes up at all and rarely talked about it. But on Memorial Day we were both outside and I was gardening. It was the afternoon, 10 days after ovulation, and I just felt off. I am very in tune with my body, and it was like a hormonal surge or something going on and I didn't feel like myself. I went and took a test. It was super early and also not first morning urine, but that faint second line came up. I couldn't believe it! We tested many more just to be sure, and now here we are in the 2nd trimester. It still feels sort of surreal because it happened so fast and easy. 

Real pregnancy symptoms like Nausea kicked in around week 6. Now at 15 weeks I feel fine though, just have to watch not to overdo it or I feel just awful.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I still don't feel pregnant at 15 weeks, even though I have been super sick I still have a hard time believing that I am pregnant, It mainly feels like a nasty flu. On all three of my positive tests ---I didn't feel pregnant before. Actually I felt pmsy. Now I feel like I am getting over a bad flu and that my period is coming any minute.

I felt pregnant many months when I wasn't (and was on birth control) I swear I bought more pregnancy tests when I was on birth control and not trying!

• Options
    hopanka said:

I did have what you may call intuition, just a feeling, no physical symptoms. I was walking down the street and sb approached me suddenly in an aggressive manner, which triggered a defensive mechanism. But instead of jumping out of the way or even raising my arms to protect my face, I instinctively covered my belly. I had never done that before, and a thought creeped into my head that I was pregnant. It is hard to explain, but I knew at that moment. It was back when I had no idea when to expect AF, so I had no other suspicions.

LOL
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Nope. Can't say I have. I didn't start to feel pregnant until around 24 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"