Toddlers: 24 Months+

Cleaning toys

How often does everyone clean their toddlers toys? I am doing it now but I need to do it way more often....  how often is a good amount?

Re: Cleaning toys

• edited August 2014
    I routinely clean the kids' toys two times a year - Spring cleaning and Fall cleaning - but will also do it when/if needed (sick, spills, etc.).  The kids help out with the routine cleaning of their toys; we make it into a big cleaning of toys day.  They love it!  While cleaning toys we also go through their toys and pull out any toys that they no longer play with and put them in the donation pile.  

edited to try and clarify response.
  • I mean cleaning them :)
  • Loading the player...
  • not even from like germs?  or if they have been sick???? like disinfect?
  • The only things I routinely clean are their kitchen, table, and easel.  And that's because they eat, color, paint, etc on those things.  Other things I might clean if I see they need it.  
  • Only if it's visibly dirty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Another one for never.

If he gets food on something I'll clean it off, but disinfect toys? Nah
    imageimage
  • sweet. i was scared to read responses and find that other people were cleaning toys all the time. if i notice something is dirty or something spills i clean, otherwise never.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Generally, never.  There were 2 times during some terrible waves of illness that I washed as many toys as possible (even all the megabloks!) in soapy water.  We had been sick so much, I got pretty desperate.  

• I've machine washed a few stuffed animals that have gotten food or spit up on them (in her younger days).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"