Babies: 6 - 9 Months

No interest in bottle anymore

We have been having a lot of issues with out Son and him drinking his bottle. He is currently taking 3 bottles a day with 8oz each feeding. In between bottles he is eating baby food, cereal and yogurt. Over the last few weeks now he has been showing very limited interest in his bottle. He will constantly throw the bottle on the ground when self feeding and when I try to feed him he will eat for a couple seconds and then take the bottle out of his mouth and start taling or switching in his chair and just showing very minimal interest in eating. And he will do this throughout the bottle. Its getting to the point where it is sometimes taking him 45 min to finish 8 oz and that's if he does finish the whole 8, he hasn't even been finishing the bottles lately. But if I go to feed him his food he has no issues eating. Could he be tired of drinking formula? Should we try to switch him to regular milk? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :-)

Re: No interest in bottle anymore

• We have tried splitting the feedings before and it is easier to get him to take it then the whole 8oz at once but he still fights us with whatever we give him. The only bottle feeding he doesn't fight us on is the night one right before bed. I will have to try a quit room because that where I take him for his night time feeding so maybe that is causing the issues. Just too much distraction.
  • You might also try giving him the formula in a sippy cup.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto the sippy cup. Our DD is also resistant to bottles now more than ever. We switched when we give her the bottles (before feedings of solids instead of after) and that has helped some. She's also getting 3 8 oz bottles/day. If she slacks on the first two bottles and doesn't finish them I will give her a few oz in the sippy cup later in the evening and she does well with it. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"