February 2014 Moms
Options

hyper-alert LO won't sleep -- anyone have experience/suggestions?

Lately LO has been CRAZY alert. She's always been a very alert girl from the moment she was born, but now it's staring, looking, grabbing, getting distracted, etc. non-stop to the point where it's nearly impossible to get her to nap and she's waking up for long stretches in the MOTN.  She's also super distracted when nursing. I now can pretty much only nurse her in a dark, quiet room and she'll still come off and look around frequently.

I'm concerned she's just not getting enough sleep.  One day early this week she went nearly 12 hours without a nap. Usually, when nothing else works, if I plop her in the swing, she'll sleep for at least a little bit. Nope.  Last night she was up from 3-6 and was completely wide awake for much of that time.

Has anyone else had this happen with this or previous LOs?  Is this a phase that should pass on it's own or do I need to work on addressing it myself?

TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hyper-alert LO won't sleep -- anyone have experience/suggestions?

• Options
    My LO has been super distracted, especially while eating, to the point where I'm getting nervous he's not getting enough. I try to feed him in the same place every time, and can no longer pump, read, eat, etc or he'll just be grabby.

He was doing great with sleep up until last week, and now it's all a fight. But we had IL's here all week, so I don't know if it is a coincidence, or because he was thrown off his routine so much.

I'm not sure if it's helping, but I'm trying to follow his routine again, and be very boring, so he isn't too distracted.

I swear there's a six month wakeful no one warned me about!!
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    This was our house last week. She would wake up happy shrieking around 2 am and be up wide awake and ready to play for anywhere from one to four hours. Yep, four hours of a shrieking, hyper, sleepless baby the night before a big meeting. Awesome.

This week she's been sleeping much better (knock on wood.)

TTC #1 Since Feb 2012
    Me: 31, DH: 32
    Bloodwork, HSG, and SA = All Good

RE Cycle #1: 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, and TI = BFP on June 8!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Beta #1 115, Beta #2 244, 8 week ultrasound shows one beautiful gummy bear and heartbeat!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hopefully this is a phase that will pass then!  Feedings are ridiculous. I can't do ANYTHING else and even if there's zero distraction, she'll do something weird like hold her foot and repeatedly kick her leg straight in the air. So weird. I need to pump while I feed in the AM, but she's started wrapping her toes around the tubing and pulling as hard as possible. Where did this crazy girl come from??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Following. Here lately E has been on a strike as far as naps are concerned. As an added bonus he now has a loud pitch squeal that he finds amusing and his favorite time to do it is about 5-6am. Would be nbd but we share a bedroom and after a night of getting up every hour my nerves are shot.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Smother her slightly with a pillow?????

I"M JOKING, please don't do that!

I have no suggestions, you have all my sympathy. I cannot imagine the shitstorm that would be my life if my 3yr old was up for 12hrs...nevermind the baby. By ~4hrs she's a wreck.  I hope it gets better :(

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"