October 2014 Moms
Options

Nightly lower back pain

Hey ladies, 

I hope that you are ready for the weekend!  I know that I am, particularly because for the last week (I'm 31 weeks now), I have had killer lower back pain every night after getting back from work.  I use a heat pad on my back and sometimes take acetaminophen, both of which my advice nurses said were okay.  My job doesn't really require manual labor, but I do walk around a bit throughout the day.

Do any of you have any suggestions for how you've managed pain lately or what your practitioners have suggested?  

Thanks so much!  

Re: Nightly lower back pain

• Options
    I get really bad sciatic pain depending on how the baby is positioned.  My doc recommended icing it, and that has helped a lot!  Not only does it help soothe the ache, but it usually encourages baby to move off of the nerve which also provides relief.  

So sorry you're so uncomfortable!  Hopefully you find something that helps provide relief soon :-) 

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• Options
    Is it tailbone pain?  I had that a lot when I was pregnant with my DS, and the best relief I could find was sitting on the floor.  Weird, but it worked.  

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am right there with you. Heat, Tylenol, stretching. My dad is an OB and told me to do yoga stretches like the cat (or whatever it's called) and do pelvic tilts on your hands and knees so baby will move off of your tail bone/nerve, for relief.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage

Winston is ready to have a little sister!

• Options
    The chiro has been my go to and it's helped sooooo much!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    If you're willing to give essential oils a try. Valor is the only thing that had let me sleep without back pain. It helps to align your spine and hips. Has definitely helped with my sciatic nerve pain as well.
  • Options
    Im pretty much with everyone else. Heat, Tylenol, yoga.

If it's a muscle thing, I also suggest foam rolling. I bought one on amazon for like $20 and it's my go to. It's like giving yourself a massage.

If you're not familiar .. https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-14504/why-everyone-needs-to-try-foam-rolling-how-to-do-it.html
    (There's tips at the bottom for pregnant woman)

I do it before I go to sleep. No offense to dh but his "massages" just don't cut it anymore.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  :)  
  • Options
    Try having your SO massage your lower back. Mine did that for me the other night and it got baby to move away from that area and to the front of my ute. Really helped me!
  • Options
    I've been able to control the severity of mine with staying active, wearing a support belt (I specifically have one that is positioned to pull my pelvis together), sitting on an exercise ball, keeping my feet up while I'm at my desk (I flipped a garbage can over and put a pillow on top), getting up from my desk every 45-60 min and walking around a little, sleeping with a pillow between my knees, and yoga.  My next stop will be the chiro if this combo stops working, but so far everything on this list has helped.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MsMacual‌ Do you find that the support belt helps? Would you say it's worth the investment? And where did you get yours/what is the brand?
  • Options
    @deezidee04- yes, it helps, especially when I know I'm going to be doing a lot of walking and moving.  I actually got mine from my sister, but I'm pretty sure she got hers at Motherhood (I don't see the one that she has on their website, but it is similar to this one: https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=973050113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32)

My MW sugggested one like this: https://www.itamed.com/Sacroiliac-Support-Belt-266.html

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"