Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower Themes!

Curious to hear everyone theme. Are you doing it the same theme as your nursery AND if you aren't going with a theme at all, what are you planning? :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Shower Themes!

• Options
    NLJ82NLJ82 member
    @RedheadBaker 1)I'm not planning my shower, my mother and 4 best friends are.  2)Why the qfp? Hearing ideas are stupid? :/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    NLJ82NLJ82 member
    I don't think so :/

• Options
    NLJ82NLJ82 member
    edited May 2014
    Darbie914 said:
    My shower didn't have a theme.  However, when I helped throw my sister's shower, it was in December so I gave it a slight winter theme.  I used to have a picture but I think I deleted it.

Cute! My husband and I LOVE Halloween so I think they're giving my shower a Halloween spin. Not sure how, but i'm excited :)

• Options
    I've always thought a story book theme would be really cute and you could do a lot with it.  
  • Options
    NLJ82NLJ82 member
    sschwege said:
    I've always thought a story book theme would be really cute and you could do a lot with it.  

Hold on to your hats here....I'm doing my nursery in Nursery Rhymes & they're meshing to two together. Nursery Rhymes meet Halloween. This will be awesome...or terrifying. I'm interested to see what they come up with

• Options
    NLJ82NLJ82 member
    @RedheadBaker 1)I'm not planning my shower, my mother and 4 best friends are.  2)Why the qfp? Hearing ideas are stupid? :/
    Like I said, your hosts pick the theme.
    lol, not my host. My host is my mom who wants me to have whatever I want so while they're planning and getting things together, i'm approving, giving input and helping just as much. We're all having so much fun doing it together!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    My hostess asked me if I had an idea of what the theme should be. I told them they are hosting the shower and it is up to them to make that decision. I think they are going with aqua and coral owls but I'm not sure if that was their final decision or not.
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    I let my friend who threw me the party make all the decisions. She didn't have a theme. Just boy colors.
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member

I mean, my theme was baby shower.  Isn't that already a theme?

This. And if your family is planning your shower like you said, why are you worried about the theme? They should be the ones picking that.
  • Options
    My showers were just blue/green themed. A shower I'm planning right now is music/records/rock&roll themed. Pinterest has cute ideas. I'm using second hand records in the decorating, displaying the cupcakes in a guitar shape, playing classic rock music during the shower, etc. I made the invites to look like records. The mom is a huge music fan.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    My aunt planned a really nice children's book themed shower for her DIL. Most of the food was inspired from books, which were set up by the food. Examples:

Chocolate chip cookies (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie).
    Meatballs (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs)
    Green deviled eggs (Green Eggs and Ham)

But you should let your hosts do the planning.
  • Options
    kursemkursem member

Yeah, I don't believe in throwing your own shower either.  Maybe the OP meant what theme would you want if the hostess(es) asked your preference.

For my daughter, my friends did a Jungle themed shower to match our then nursery - it was super cute.

The best one I have personally thrown (and there have been a lot) was for my sister in law - and it was Dr Seuss themed.  Soooo easy and so much fun :)   Also did a 'retro toy' themed one for a friend a few years ago and that was equally awesome.

I'm not very far along yet, but i suspect my sister and mother in law will do something.  If not, we'll just buy the stuff ourselves - I've become quite the baby bargain shopper ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    kursemkursem member
    kursem said:

Yeah, I don't believe in throwing your own shower either.  Maybe the OP meant what theme would you want if the hostess(es) asked your preference.

For my daughter, my friends did a Jungle themed shower to match our then nursery - it was super cute.

The best one I have personally thrown (and there have been a lot) was for my sister in law - and it was Dr Seuss themed.  Soooo easy and so much fun :)   Also did a 'retro toy' themed one for a friend a few years ago and that was equally awesome.

I'm not very far along yet, but i suspect my sister and mother in law will do something.  If not, we'll just buy the stuff ourselves - I've become quite the baby bargain shopper ;)

I wouldn't count on a shower since you've already had one with your first child and showers are for first time moms.  

yes, i understand the popular consensus on here.  In my group of family/friends we traditionally throw a second shower if there is a significant gap in age or if the baby is a different sex.  To each their own :)

PS - i didn't say i was counting on one!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My Aunt, cousin, MIL, and SIL are planning mine, and before my mom passed she was doing the bulk of things. My mom had some ideas in mind but asked what I wanted. I mostly didn't want my MIL to take over and go crazy with a pink explosion baby shower, but I loved the idea of a Dr. Seuss shower, so that's what I got. My aunt is a librarian and I work as an infant/toddler caregiver (formerly as a preschool teacher) so we had a lot of resources. My mom had ordered a lot of things before her passing, so I have taken over just organizing what we have and "taking inventory." I am not planning, it, but since my mom passed (just over a month ago) nobody has wanted to upset me and has kind of treated me with kid gloves so they are VERY in tune with what I want, and also keeping with my mom's "vision" of what it should look like. (Decorating and party planning was really a gift of hers. She did my entire wedding for 250ish people, and took the lead on my bridal shower for 75ish people, and both had such attention to little details, and were beautiful.)
  • Options
    I've thrown 2 story book theme showers! Super easy and cute to do!
  • Options
    danascullyxdanascullyx member
    edited August 2014

Themes I've used when throwing showers:

Stars and moon

Vintage Tea Party

Under the Sea

Planes

Dinosaurs

All were chosen by me, the host, with an eye on what had been chosen for the nursery and the MTB's likes.

TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • Options
    I am throwing my sisters baby shower.  She is due in November but the shower will be October.  I am planning to do a my little pumpkin theme but with all pink and white (no orange).  However i've also considered doing a my little turkey theme.
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    2002- Diagnosed with PCOS at 18
    10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
    10/12-12/12 3 cycles of Clomid - fail
    6/13- 1st cycle on Clomid 50mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel- BFN
    7/13 2nd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 1st IUI - BFN
    8/13 3rd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 2nd IUI - BFN
    9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
    From 12/13 to current I have ovulated 4 times naturally
    Currently on break to get healthy.... 35 pounds down, 13 to go!
    All Are Welcome!!

• Options
    My best friends threw me a tea party shower for DD. They had beautiful wildflower arrangements in vintage teapots and tea sandwiches, etc. They had a scrapbook station where people made the theme pages so we would just have to glue the pictures. The whole thing was a complete surprise I had no input.

I didn't have a nursery theme really. We picked a lambs and ivy butterfly bed set but I don't think her room really has a theme per se.
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • Options
    Frankly I dont know who came up with these shower rules about how many showers you can have and what you can and cannot do. The world is different and cultures are different. You do what you feel and you aren't wrong for it.

With that said, I'm having a Bowties or Bows shower theme. I'm not hosting it but I chose the colors and what do you know? its my second pregnancy and I'm having twins. I'm not having a second shower because I have a different situation or because I asked for one. I'm simply having one because people who love me felt I deserved one and wanted to particularly wish these little ones a safe delivery into the world.  Both me and my husband will be there and that's there way of saying congratulations and praying for and wishing use well for these new babies.  Each baby deserves their own shower and I'm happy that when they along with my dear son are all looking at their baby books one day they wont have to ask why they didn't have one.  I dont think you should go out of your way to have a second shower but if one is being held in love why not accept it.  Some people say its the parents responsibility to provide for the children so they shouldn't have a second shower. Then why have a first shower? wasnt it their responsibility for the first? NLJ82 your question wasnt stupid. Thanks for sharing it.

Anniversary

image  image  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"