2nd Trimester

hip pain /burning in leg - only 16 weeks

I am 16 weeks and barely showing if at all.  Over the last several days I have been getting extreme hip pain and burning/numbness in my right leg after walking and standing.  I need to be on my feet all day and about 2 hours into it, I'm in agony.  Has anyone experienced this THIS EARLY when they weren't even showing?  I have a dr's appointment on Friday but was hoping for some tips to ease it before then. My insurance doesn't cover much in chiropractic so some DIY ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for any help!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: hip pain /burning in leg - only 16 weeks

• I wonder if you've got a pinched nerve. Definitely see what your Dr. thinks.

I get hip pain now from sleeping on my sides at night, but it doesn't last throughout the day. Yours sounds really severe. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I hope you get this sorted out soon!
    Married 11/2008. Started TTC January 2014.
    BFP 3/30/14. <3 EDD 12/4/14
    BabyFruit Ticker

• ksgsmuksgsmu member
    I get the numbness in my thigh/leg if I stand on a hard surface for too long.. started last week at 12 weeks (twins).  I am not having pain though.  She said it was normal because " everything is moving around and pressing on nerves etc.."  so not really an answer....  If you are in pain speak up for sure!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • I do suspect it is my sciatic nerve, I just can't believe it is starting so early.  I kind of thought there wouldn't be that kind of movement/pressure until further along.  I wish I could take it easy for a few days but unfortunately I really can't miss work.  Hopefully the perinatologist will be familiar with this and maybe have some tips.  I also want to ask him if he thinks prenatal yoga might be beneficial.  Thanks for the support.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have the same pain for about a week and a half now (I'm 17 weeks) and I'm told it's sciatic nerve pain. It's a bitch. They say to stay active and that can help. Also, it felt good after prenatal yoga so try that.

Good luck - I feel your pain, literally.
  • Mine is very similar. It started around 13-14 weeks for me actually. (now 16w5d) My midwife gave me some yoga poses to try and some stretches to help alleviate the discomfort but it didn't do much. I visited the chiropractor for the first time the other day, but the pain is back in full swing already. I'm on my feet all day at work as well and its been really tough. Hoping this baby shifts around enough to at least move the pain somewhere else...
  • I've had tingly/numb legs and bad back/hip pain since 2nd tri as well.  I've only gotten full relief after visiting the chiropractor.  But some things that have helped me before going were taking epsom salt baths, sleeping on my left side with a body pillow and pillow between my legs, & a prenatal pilates DVD that focuses on stretching.  Even though you're on your feet a lot, try to rest & prop them when you can & drink plenty of fluids. Of course, be sure to consult your doctor about your pain & any recommendations.  Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

• Massage. I had a huge knot on my lower back upper left buttocks. Massage and ice helped. Check to see if this may be the case for you
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Back pain sucks big time. I've had back issues since BEFORE pregnancy & it's only gotten worse. I have a great doctor who's given me lots of wonderful advice & suggestions, some work, some don't but I'll share them with you incase any help!!:

-an SI belt. This has literally saved me in terms of getting to sleep. They aren't expensive (I ordered one off of amazon!) they help relieve some of that pressure from your sciatic nerve & for me it helped me get sleep during the first trimester!! 

-When side sleeping became a 'must'  the SI belt helped but not as much. I got the wedge pillow & the snoogle pillow- AMAZING.  The wedge under my belly helps support & that keeps pain from creeping into my middle back...the snoogle pillow supports EVERYWHERE lol!!  It's like having a giant cradle me to sleep.  I love that it wraps under my head to support my neck, then gives overall back support behind me & the bottom nicely goes in between my legs to help that gross pain that comes from side sleeping....I use it WITH the wedge & it's amazing.   I also wear the SI belt under my clothes during the day sometimes!

- Dr. told me to drink TONS of water & not stay in any one position for too long so my muscles don't tense up

-Prenatal massage.... some docs say chiropractor some don't, for MY particular issues I was advised against it, but the massage every other week is a miracle for soothing my back & if you've got a partner who's nice enough to give you a rub before bed that helps too!!

Hope any of that is helpful & you're feeling better soon!!! <3 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"